Form 4 times.

RangerWalker71

I got a stack of form 4's back yesterday.
Submitted dates:
05/01/2016
05/15/2016
05/25/2016
06/01/2016
06/08/2016
06/17/2016

All approved 03-09-2017. In my hand 21 MAR17

All trusts.

Thanks
Steve
RLTW

My buddy has had suppressors for years, but his newest purchase was a MK18, and he is now past the 9 month mark. He's starting to get pretty irritated...And rightfully so.

I wish the whole NFA got repealed. SBR's and suppressors both need to be removed from the registry. An SBR is actually LESS dangerous than a handgun, because it's still MUCH MUCH larger and less concealable. When I say dangerous, you know what I mean... If someone was intent on doing harm, a handgun is still predominantly what is used in crimes because it's so easy to conceal compared to a rifle.

My buddy has had suppressors for years, but his newest purchase was a MK18, and he is now past the 9 month mark.

Since he is buying a ready made SBR, is that a form 1 or a form 4?

If it is a factory SBR then Form 4. (Dealer Holds until form clears)

If he is changing a pistol or a lower to a SBR then it is a Form 1. (You hold until ATF approves. Then you can put your stock on)

Hope that clears it up.

thanks
steve
RLTW
816-718-9489

Ok, that's what I thought but wasn't sure. When I sent in my Form 4 wait times were at 8 mos. for the F4 but 6 for a Form 1. I have a lower I want to do a form 1 on when I have a spare 200 laying around to donate..

My check cleared 10-31-16, figure July or August hopefully......

i was just going to ask this question, so 6-7 months from when they run payment.. for some reason (and i have no idea why) i was under the impression (likely talking to the uninformed...but i was none the wiser) that once the ATF runs your payment, that means/meant they are "working" on your form and that approval was coming sooner than later.

but i take it to mean, that the wait time is from payment clearing and NOT when my dealer submitted it..? not that it matters i guess, just patiently waiting like everyone else :)

my debit card was ran Dec 1(ish), or somewhere around there, so i am on the home stretch!...:rolleyes:

i was patient at first knowing it was going to be a process, but then i sorta forgot about it...then it came back to mind, so i called and started a rifle build to distract me. i told the builder it would be a race to see who can deliver first...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.