Submitted form 1 *UPDATE: approved!!

My second form 1 came in (about 3.5 months), so they are doing some work. With the wave of last minute requests on the pistol braces, would imagine it will be at least 4 months.
Thanks for the update. I'm somewhat expecting that too. I'll be happy if I can get them by august. Then I think I can finish the suppressors by hunting season

Well I decided to roll the dice and file a form 1. I'd really like to build my own 22 LR suppressor but they are so dang picky these days. I guess I'll see what happens. Filed tonight and I'll update it down the road with the results. In the description I made it clear that I dont already have any parts or materials and won't be buying any until after I get approved, which seems to be key these days. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck. Atf page says 40 day wait. If I get approved that quick I may be able to finish it before squirrel season.

BTW I'll add the main reason I decided to go ahead and file is I figured all they can do is reject it and refund my money, BUT when I was at my local gun store last week he and i inquired about eForms the suppressor guy there said they got an ATF letter a few weeks ago that said in June 1st at 12am they will start charging a fee for filing Form 1's. It did not say what the fee would be but it's not going to be free anymore. It's just another way the ATF is trying to discourage applicants or make it too expensive to be worth it.
I recently got 3 eform 4 and 2 eform 1s back. The eform 4 took about 7 months on the average of the 3. The two form 1s came back in about 3 weeks. Good luck.

Well I had hoped to get these form 1's approved and get a 22LR suppressor build by squirrel season but that is slowly slipping away. Today makes 70 days since I submitted them. Squirrel season comes in 27 days and I figure it will take probably 3 weeks to order material, get it, and machine the parts. So if I don't get approved this week I probably will not have a working suppressor for squirrel season. 😮‍💨

Well I had hoped to get these form 1's approved and get a 22LR suppressor build by squirrel season but that is slowly slipping away. Today makes 70 days since I submitted them. Squirrel season comes in 27 days and I figure it will take probably 3 weeks to order material, get it, and machine the parts. So if I don't get approved this week I probably will not have a working suppressor for squirrel season. 😮‍💨
I need to get going on doing a couple of Form 1. Or maybe just do a 30 cal to cover all my rifles.

I need to get going on doing a couple of Form 1. Or maybe just do a 30 cal to cover all my rifles.
I put one in for a 10" 30cal and one for a 6" 22 cal. I'm going to use aluminum so I figured 10" would contain the pressure of say a 30-06 better. I still don't think I'd try anything 300wm or such with it

I'll probably do a mag light variation. Maybe I'll have to measure and look at sit on the rifle. Offhand I think it might work best on a AR15 due to thickness. Coyotes and predators might be a better focus FOR ME since it'll be pretty thick.

57 days and no joy.
I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to any of it at this point. I got an efile SBR Form 1 back in 46 days, and just got an efile Suppressor Form 4 back in 75 days. Both via Silencer Shop.

I think SS must have their own reviewer or something. Or maybe reviewers pull batches by submitter, and SS submits so many that a reviewer gets a huge batch and can plow through it faster than someone doing one-off submissions. Plus they have QC review before submission - my error rate on 20+ stamps via SS is zero, never had a kick back.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to any of it at this point. I got an efile SBR Form 1 back in 46 days, and just got an efile Suppressor Form 4 back in 75 days. Both via Silencer Shop.

I think SS must have their own reviewer or something. Or maybe reviewers pull batches by submitter, and SS submits so many that a reviewer gets a huge batch and can plow through it faster than someone doing one-off submissions. Plus they have QC review before submission - my error rate on 20+ stamps via SS is zero, never had a kick back.
Well that's good news. Hopefully mine goes through that fast. I have an efile 4 in that's on 80 days now. So maybe it'll go through fast.

So I have 3 submitted

Efile 4 on 80 days Omega 300
Efile 1 on 70 days 10" 30 cal
Efile 1 on 70 days 6" 22LR

I put one in for a 10" 30cal and one for a 6" 22 cal. I'm going to use aluminum so I figured 10" would contain the pressure of say a 30-06 better. I still don't think I'd try anything 300wm or such with it
Double check your calculations-- a rifle alum centerfire is usually not advised -- you'd need to calculate your pressure in the blast chamber by using muzzle pressure and volume of barrel and blast chamber-- then make sure it's within the swp of the alum tube you plan to use