sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

I don't want to hear anyone talk about air density until they live 500ft above sea level with a climate that is 85-95% humidity for 8 months out of the year. :D

I'm in south-central AL, we have a VERY similar climate to the jungle/rain forest/Florida. And it SUCKS. It rains all summer, and it rains all winter. Makes hot days humid, and cold days freezing.

send a little rain this way please . i am old seen it rain a couple times. so dry here we have hardly any deer took me 14 years to get drawn,. i hear you can shoot 40 or more deer a year there. i also heard aligator tastes like chicken.

send a little rain this way please . i am old seen it rain a couple times. so dry here we have hardly any deer took me 14 years to get drawn,. i hear you can shoot 40 or more deer a year there. i also heard aligator tastes like chicken.

2 per day, per person limit. 2 does, or 1 doe 1 buck, or 1 buck. Can't shoot 2 bucks in the same day, unless you have a buddy with you that didn't shoot a buck that day, you can tell the GW he shot it. :D

And bow season starts mid-October through Jan 31, and guns open up in mid November through Jan 31. So, if you hunt everyday, you can kill way more than 40 deer a year. And if you have an ADC license, you can kill as many as you want, year-round.

your a tool and you can go pound some sand lloydsmale . and just so we are cleared up on this im going to let you know your car is crap and your just another vette wiener . :D

We have a remington 770 7mm mag the OP shoots .200 groups with. it has a scope of unknown make, unknown load , at unknown range in the midwest with less wind than where i shoot. is it just me, it seems any discusion of corvettes and penile members is off topic?

MidwestMOA, could you please out line your load work up? How do you find these "magic" loads?

Also how did you go about breaking in these rather crude and rough barrels to perform as well or better than barrels measured to the 0.0001" and are hand lapped?

MidwestMOA, could you please out line your load work up? How do you find these "magic" loads?

Also how did you go about breaking in these rather crude and rough barrels to perform as well or better than barrels measured to the 0.0001" and are hand lapped?
I know how he shoots those awesome tight groups...... If I only shot 1 buttet into a target, I could claim it shot a .177" group, too. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I would love to see how he measures his groups... Probably subtracts the caliber, then measures center-to-center. I've done that, before I learned how to properly measure a group, and if you count my .313" group with my .308 Win, I shot a .005" group. :D:D:D

Maybe he figured out the ONLY way on earth to "true-up" a press-fit barrel system??? LMFAO

Muddrunner good point on group size measuring I was curious myself how that was actually done in competition . Not sure if it varies from class to class but I found this article online . Overview of Rifle Sports | NSSF

in second paragraph it reads "Groups are measured in thousandths of an inch at their largest outside diameter. From this measurement, the actual caliber of the bullet used (in thousandths of an inch) is subtracted from the measurement to produce the actual group size."

:cool:

Muddrunner good point on group size measuring I was curious myself how that was actually done in competition . Not sure if it varies from class to class but I found this article online . Overview of Rifle Sports | NSSF

in second paragraph it reads "Groups are measured in thousandths of an inch at their largest outside diameter. From this measurement, the actual caliber of the bullet used (in thousandths of an inch) is subtracted from the measurement to produce the actual group size."

:cool:

Exactly right. This is how you're supposed to measure group size for "official measurements". If he is doing it wrong, by subtracting the caliber, and measuring center-to-center, then he is doing it wrong, and it will appear to him, that he is shooting super tight groups, based on faulty measurements.