sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

midwestmoa

Ok over the years I have bought alot of savages remington and howas in bolt action I have loaded them with the rite combo and always got submoa groups no problem shot them just as good as a 5000 dollar rig I know people dont like to hear it but its true granted a 5000 dollar rig is easier to take shooter error out of the equation I admit but if you do everyrhing the same on the way you hold rifle pressure you hold the rifle with its sweet load they all have shot sub moa easily for me anybody have same results granted i think 5000 dollar rig equals way more solid platform to deal with.

Call me crazy but a 5000 will usually shoot sub 0.5moa and if it doesn't I'd send it back. If a moa gun is all you want then by all means have at it, some just want more out of our guns than others and the above statement illustrates that.

Kind of a blind statement, not sure what the op was striving for? Boasting that he feels custom guns are excessive by implying factory guns shoot just as well on a website where 90% of the enthusiasts tote custom rifles?

I am confused by your tactics sir.

I have one but I didn't find it with factory ammo, although it did shoot alot of factory ammo 1moa. It shoots in the .3s with hand loads. I just got a savage 10 .243 that shows a lot of potential. I had it out briefly and shot three groups with a certain load and all nine shots was under a 1"
I think its going to be a shooter as well...

Call me crazy but a 5000 will usually shoot sub 0.5moa and if it doesn't I'd send it back. If a moa gun is all you want then by all means have at it, some just want more out of our guns than others and the above statement illustrates that.

Kind of a blind statement, not sure what the op was striving for? Boasting that he feels custom guns are excessive by implying factory guns shoot just as well on a website where 90% of the enthusiasts tote custom rifles?

I am confused by your tactics sir.
Are you hatin' because someone can get a factory gun to shoot as good as your $5000.00 custom? :rolleyes:

midwestmoa

You must have been bored to start this thread as it will no doubt get some attention. Nevertheless I basically agree with what you are saying. I have more than a dozen big game rifles and only one of them is a full custom. They all shoot sub MOA with hand loaded ammo. Some of them will shoot quarter MOA.

But.... (there is always a but), the full custom rifle is near the top for accuracy and it has shot that way for 600 rounds. I have a pure factory 300 RUM and it will shoot 0.25 MOA for 15 shots and after that you would be lucky to hit a coffee cup with it. If you clean the copper out, it goes right back to being 0.25 MOA. On the other hand I have a semi-custom with a Brux 4 groove. It shoots great and never needs to be cleaned (I clean it every 100 rounds or so just because).

Bottom line. I think you get what you pay for with a full custom - I just can't afford to buy all the ones I would like so I end up with factory/semi-custom and they work OK.

Are you hatin' because someone can get a factory gun to shoot as good as your $5000.00 custom? :rolleyes:

Don't have one nor will I ever. I am a bowhunter first... rifle shootin is mostly for fun and the local F-class comp.

Someone cue the butthurt music... :D

I have several factory rifles that shoot sub-1/2 MOA with handloads, if I do my part.

I do too, whoo hoo.. Maybe I should scream it from the roof tops b/c everyone cares. :D

x2 engineer.

I must be off my rocker but joining a board and within 10 post you say your gun is just as good as everyone elses here is kinda like going to the local bar for the first time and disrespect the locals and bar staff b/c you think its cool.. its not. Sit back and learn something, I've read far more than I'll ever post and have learned a lot here and majority of the posts are insightful for one reason or another. This post was arrogant and worthless, I'm all for some good old fashion bantering, bonding, and BSing, but that opening thread was a poor attempt at a conversation piece. I'm sure statements like that killed his "farmers only.com" dating profile.

Don't have one nor will I ever. I am a bowhunter first... rifle shootin is mostly for fun and the local F-class comp.

I do too, whoo hoo.. Maybe I should scream it from the roof tops b/c everyone cares. :D

x2 engineer.

I must be off my rocker but joining a board and within 10 post you say your gun is just as good as everyone elses here is kinda like going to the local bar for the first time and disrespect the locals and bar staff b/c you think its cool.. its not. Sit back and learn something, I've read far more than I'll ever post and have learned a lot here and majority of the posts are insightful for one reason or another. This post was arrogant and worthless, I'm all for some good old fashion bantering, bonding, and BSing, but that opening thread was a poor attempt at a conversation piece. I'm sure statements like that killed his "farmers only.com" dating profile.

Someone has been drinking Haterade®. What's wrong with someone asking a question about factory vs. Custom I don't see what your fussing about.
So your saying because he has less than ten post he should stop asking questions and just read.
I used to act like you... then I stopped drinking....

Haterade® .

Ok sorry to post somthing that I should ask how dare I do that so defensive.Didnt say they were better lol because alot of guys have custom rigs I shouldnt post a qeustion ok I can feel the hate.

Correction didnt say it was better just told you my results (so sorry)of factory rifles the many I reloaded for that shot one holios is easier to do with an nice rig though let me emphasise shooter doing the same thing mostly how they load the gun meaning different pressures in the flimsear stock

I worked up loads for a friend's Savage .22-250. Once I had the load it would do five shots in 5/8". So I purchased a Savage .223 for myself. The worst group it fired with my chosen load was .494 with five shots. One time I tried a 10 shot group at 100 and 200 yards. The 100 yard group was .44" and the 200 yard group was .9".

I suggested a Savage to a friend who was going to buy a hunting rifle. With factory ammo it fired 9/16" or better.

Soon I will be able to compare these to a full custom which is on the way. I should take possession this spring.