sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

Popcorn_nommer_zps55b98a2b.gif

Maybe he could call it bullet whisperer reloading . he talks to bullets and has a name for all his rifles. So why is the 770 junk is it a junk barrel? it has a respectable barrel for a sporter . I would say thicker than most cheap guns . looks like the same as what's on a 700 Remington or a 783 Remington to me . So is the 3 locking lugs what is making it junk ? Seems like they work on Browning or Sako rifles and others . So it wont shoot because it don't have a great trigger ? Seems like a guy could shoot a gun fine with a heavy trigger as long as he knows his rifle . Is it junk because it has a press in barrel ? not sure that metal knows the difference . oh its junk because its a cheap plastic stock and not a bell and Carlson or McMillan. I think what mwmoa is doing is tuning the harmonics in the rifle to work with his shooting discipline and its working for him . He could also be a excellent marksman too . I bet he has bad groups just like everyone else after too much food,sugar,coffee,or just a bad day Everyone does it and if you say you don't that's just a lie for your ego . custom or whatever . marine snipers are only expected to have under 1 moa accuracy though that is what I've heard is their maximum .I do have a friend with a relative that was a sniper in the marines served in Iraq I believe . He called it the worlds toilet lol . I have seen junk rifles from a pawn shop with visual apparent rust in the barrels from rain and poor maintained still shoot under 1/2 moa with federal cheap blue box. I would be willing to bet you could take a heavy varmint barreled action and stick it on a chunk of pine and get it to shoot just fine with the harmonics just right with custom loads . That could take some time to figure that one out though .gun)

now you went and hurt my feelings. If I had experience in loading and shoot only two different rifles I think id be doing a lot more listening to opinions then giving them. Ive been shooting and loading for over 40 years and could buy a new truck for what I have in loading gear and even I learn a lot here.
I don't care... and I don't believe you..

mudrunner sorry to hear your accumark did not shoot because mine do. I dont need to lie or ******** and dont care what you believe.
gunslinger78, the nightforce was used for a example only i never said i had them on my customs. I do have schmidt & bender on most of them.
my post was for example only and yes i have a lot of money in my hobby and its all paid for . Being self employed and successful
is a good thing ,and i have built my collection over 50 years.
no need to bust my *** for what i have. Sorry you cant afford
it, i can and i enjoy every rifle i own.

never worked in a machine shop but have built a couple small block and big block chevs and have been into muscle cars since my first a 440gtx at 16 in 1972 and have had many since including a ls6 chevelle, a buick gandnational, 4 vettes, a 350 iroc camero that was supercharged, a 340 duster and a gs455 buick. So im no rookie in knowing what goes down the road. You must not be looking at stock cars because seeing that a vette has an almost 600 lb weight advantage over an ss and more hp and bigger tires theres not much chance for it in a race. I too have personally seen them race and it wasn't pretty for the ss's. Theres usualy almost a full second in the quarter difference between them. Heres a test I found on line between a stock standard vette (not even a 505hp zo6) and a zl1 Camaro that puts out north of 550 hp compared to the vettes 430hp (new ones 450hp). As you can see the vette was even quicker then that Camaro by .4 in the quarter. Its all about power to weight be it on the street or the track. http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...ette-vs-2012-chevrolet-camaro-track-test.html Show me one place on the net that will show a STOCK Camaro beating a STOCK vette and ill eat my words. It just physicaly doesn't make sense. More hp and a big diffence in weight cant be overcome by a dream. Im not saying you didn't witness it but if you did you had one lame sob behind the wheel of that vette. take a ride up here and ill set you up with a buddy in the local corvette club. His summer daily driver is a twin turbo meth injected 2004 z06 that puts down 880 hp to the REAR WHEELS. We can go on and on about cars others own but id sure love a chance for you to come up and put that stock ss up agains my z06. Ive got a couple grand in the gun fund. thing is this is a gun forum not a chev performance forum and this is just way to off topic so ill let you continue the dream.
Well lloydsmale I have well over ten years machine shop experience building racing engines and stock . I was referring to a 1/4 mile drag race . And if a guy puts the money in the right places he can have a well over powered car than another guy that's an idiot with his money. the new ss Camaro will paddle a stock new vette all day period,and I have seen it plenty of times . Come on up to the motor city and ill take you for a ride in a 69 nova that makes some real power . 950 ish at the crank on pump gas . just bring your depends cause I don't want the mess on the seat . it will dip into the nines . I simply was using the car thing as a comparison to a guy with a over priced rifle . vettes are great American made cars but the parts are way more for the dumbest stuff if you say vette,and a lot of the vette guys are wieners . from a machinist stand point I don't think some of the custom actions are even close to worth the money . Especially some of the companies selling a mildly worked barreled action on a bedded glass stock . I have priced some at $5500 and its simply a rip of when you can take a savage or Remington and do just as well . Maybe even one of them jap guns too. Maybe Midwest just has to prove it by posting some targets but that probably wouldn't be good enough cause people would just say its a lie .

short - at the super shoot with a 6ppc the winners are around .24 or .26 right?
You've got to be in the mid to low .2s to be competitive, now. In 2013 the smallest group was shot by Mike Stinnett in the Light Varmint class (10 1/2# gun or less). the group, .0077"@ 100yds. It's nothing to go through the IBRSA stats of the local sanctioned matches and see the winner shot groups in the .2s These guys are waisting their time with their 'custom actions' and Bartlien barrels when all they need to do is have the sporting goods dept. head at WalMart order a 700 Varmint model and do some load development and then be shooting in the teens. Think of the promo Remington would pay for that! You'd be the national,,,, no international spokesman with a BIG bonous. Like is said, this thread is shear entertainment!

the WINNER of the super shoot shot .2728. midwest can shoot .200 with a remington 770 - 7mm , scope and load unknown,

My custom rifles were built for one thing only ,to sell at retirement age which is now.
There is no money in a savings account today, the stock market sucks, but custom rifles with beautiful engraving are worth a lot of money and can produce outstanding
results if they were to be used. So for hunting and shooting I'll just take one of my crappy Weatherby,s or savage rifles. Love it when a plan comes together.
THE END :)gun)gun)gun)

Ok over the years I have bought alot of savages remington and howas in bolt action I have loaded them with the rite combo and always got submoa groups no problem shot them just as good as a 5000 dollar rig I know people dont like to hear it but its true granted a 5000 dollar rig is easier to take shooter error out of the equation I admit but if you do everyrhing the same on the way you hold rifle pressure you hold the rifle with its sweet load they all have shot sub moa easily for me anybody have same results granted i think 5000 dollar rig equals way more solid platform to deal with.

There are lots of good shooting factory rifles out there. but percentage wise there are a lot more custom rifles that will out shoot most factory rifles because of the quality of the components and
the quality of the assembly.

Also you don't have to spend $5,000 to get a good shooting rifle, sometimes all you need is a good action trueing and a premium barrel installed by a competent gunsmith.(Under $2,000.00).

Some consider a sub 1/10 th MOA to be an accurate rifle and do not except 1 MOA in a custom.

I am not pushing ether the custom or the factory rifle. but in over 50 years of buying factory rifles and loading for them I have only owned two rifles that would shoot under 1/4 MOA (Most would shoot 1/2 to 3/4 moa and a few wouldn't shoot better than 1 MOA to 1 1/2 MOA no matter what
was done to them.

The up side to factory rifles is the cost. The down side to them is the odds of getting an accurate
one are slim.

The up side to a custom is it's accuracy potential. The down side is the cost. "BUT" One custom rifle
will replace MANY factory rifles. So are custom rifles more Expensive In the long run? not in my opinion.

This is just my opinion based on my experiences with both.

J E CUSTOM

Midwest - in az we have wind at the ranges i shoot at. it makes it difficult to shoot really good groups . where do you shoot ? is there any wind?

Midwest winds don't even compare to southwest winds. MW would call SW winds a tornado. I assure you if you traveled east w/ your gun you have a good chance of setting new personal bests with your groups in regard to wind, now the air density I do not know well enough to comment on how that would effect things other than poi shift.

Recent Posts