sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

Found a sweet spot with the Savage model 10 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Needs more testing to validate repeatability.

f40a7d4ab64496d69a0613914585fb0d_zpsb1e3f1d4.jpg

Found a sweet spot with the Savage model 10 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Needs more testing to validate repeatability.

f40a7d4ab64496d69a0613914585fb0d_zpsb1e3f1d4.jpg
Do think the creedmore is better in a short action than a .260? I also have a model 10 in .243. Im thinking about a .260 or a creedmore.

Never owned any 6.5 before this one so my experience is very limited. However, this is a test gun to see if I like the caliber and if I do than I will have a full custom built by LPR. Should mention also that it will shoot consistently 5/8 inch groups with Hornady factory ammo (140 grain) and I have had an occasional 1/2 inch group.

This is my second Savage and for factory "out of the box" guns, they shoot very well.

Yes the creedmoor would be best suited for a short action. The 260 can be had in a SA but to use the mag with long bullets you will want a LA. The creedmoors performance is hard to beat. It is common for factory loads to be very accurate, so accurat that some people don't even bother reloading.

i was thinking about a AI. But i would want it in a long action. I was thinking the creedmore was better suited in a short action.

I just don't buy into the supporter aspect...Same for the .338 supporters that can't stop saying bro, bro... :D

Some folks actually have a need for something that large, but since the .338 Lapua became announced as a mil caliber, I would venture to guess that 50% of owners, or more, don't have a true need for one.

Is there such a thing as a 6.5 06 A.I. . ?
A 27-28 inch tube on a 300 win mag with a 230 Berger Hybrid will give a 338 L.M. a sure run for the money and with less recoil . Or you could just go 300 R.U.M. and be done with it .

I would have to go 338 378 WBY to make it worth while. Then it makes sense to me to have brass cost $3 a case . If you actually need something that big . So like military use maybe . just my thoughts . Hard to beat the 50 BMG though . gun)

I just don't buy into the supporter aspect...Same for the .338 supporters that can't stop saying bro, bro... :D

Some folks actually have a need for something that large, but since the .338 Lapua became announced as a mil caliber, I would venture to guess that 50% of owners, or more, don't have a true need for one.
I'm confused, are you talking about the AI supporters:D ?
or Creedmore supporters? Or 7RM supporters or Rem 700 supporters.:D ? Or savage supporters? We all have our favorites don't we? I just want a practical short action 6.5 that's all. I had a Ford truck then a Dodge and now a Chevy. Mossberg, Remington, TC , Savage,Taurus and colt all occupy my safe.

I never really needed a another rifle other than my 30-06.
I just "want" other calibers. If you want to shoot to a mile reliably. Then send a 300 gr high bc bullet at 2700 to 3000 fps out there and you will see the difference between the 300 WM and the .338 LM. Or should i say .30 and .338 calibers.

I'm confused, are you talking about the AI supporters:D ?
or Creedmore supporters? Or 7RM supporters or Rem 700 supporters.:D ? Or savage supporters? We all have our favorites don't we? I just want a practical short action 6.5 that's all. I had a Ford truck then a Dodge and now a Chevy. Mossberg, Remington, TC , Savage,Taurus and colt all occupy my safe.
I was talking about 6.5 Creedmoor and .338 supporters.