sub moa accuracy of plain factory rifles stock

I never really needed a another rifle other than my 30-06.
I just "want" other calibers. If you want to shoot to a mile reliably. Then send a 300 gr high bc bullet at 2700 to 3000 fps out there and you will see the difference between the 300 WM and the .338 LM. Or should i say .30 and .338 calibers.

There's people reliably shooting to a mile with the 7mm STW with 180gr bullets. Can't wait to see what the new Berger 195 EOL will do with its .794 BC... It will certainly beat-out the .30 calibers, and will come close to tying with the .338's in abilities.

how do the 30 cal vs. 338 cal differentiate long range externaly ballisticaly speaking will the 338 outperform based off of wind drift maybe caused by longer bullet of the 30 cal more surface for cross wind I would like to know that spikes my curiosity as I do not know.

lol that's funny come on guys with loading im convinced you can get any rifle in a bolt to shoot under or just above half inch at a 100 but maybe im the whisperer with cheapies.the 770 is junk though it will do it if your bored enough to try with reloads not to be confused with its a good gun.

how do the 30 cal vs. 338 cal differentiate long range externaly ballisticaly speaking will the 338 outperform based off of wind drift maybe caused by longer bullet of the 30 cal more surface for cross wind I would like to know that spikes my curiosity as I do not know.
With similarities in BC's and velocities, Heavier mass will win the wind game everytime.

With similarities in BC's and velocities, Heavier mass will win the wind game everytime.

That's not really correct, mass is represented in the BC number so similar BC and velocity will yeild similar results. The greater mass will come in to place when the bullet touches down though.

That's not really correct, mass is represented in the BC number so similar BC and velocity will yeild similar results. The greater mass will come in to place when the bullet touches down though.

EXACTLY ! otherwise you would have to adjust your bc for wind different from every software program that I have ever used . Even litz program shows this to be true . not sure anyone would be hitting much if their program said 20 inches wind lead and your magic heavy bullet only drifts 12 etc . gun)

Update on the Savage Max 1 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last week took it out to test fire some new loads and found a load where it shot 5/16 at 100 yards. This week wanted to verify the load, but at a little longer distance. Ended up at 5/8 inch at 300 yards.

I think this old ugly Savage may be a keeper. What you think?

84263e5311983dd7b0742fa0c80f30e6_zps7bf9362e.jpg

Rick that's some fine shooting that's for sure . is that a heavy barreled model ? Had a thin barreled savage 110 once it was real fussy but it would touch em in 3 rounds tight at 100yd as long as it was cool . it would throw the 4th low cause the heat . it would also blow your shoulder out cause it had a hard plastic butt pad and seemed to weigh 7 pounds with a scope so in 300 wm it was a real kicker with hot 180's on up lol

I don't think it has as much to do with my shooting ability as it is the gun itself.

This here is a stock out of the box about three weeks old Savage Max 1 Predator with no modifications. I have not even attempted to adjust the the trigger yet.

I think Savages are better than others when it comes to accuracy, but I believe the 6.5 cartridge is inherently accurate based upon design.

Update on the Savage Max 1 Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Last week took it out to test fire some new loads and found a load where it shot 5/16 at 100 yards. This week wanted to verify the load, but at a little longer distance. Ended up at 5/8 inch at 300 yards.

I think this old ugly Savage may be a keeper. What you think?

84263e5311983dd7b0742fa0c80f30e6_zps7bf9362e.jpg

Dang thats some nice shooting. My ruger 6.5 cm will do 1/2 moa at 100 and i shot a 1 7/8 group at 400 yards and i that i was doing pretty good...... lol that savage right there is a shooter! And your correct the design of that round makes it a very accurate round.