• Bushnell Elite 6500 Tactical 2.5x16-42

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Nikon Monarch X 4x16 - 50

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was able to hold and look through one of those Vortex Viper PST's a couple weeks ago at a Hunting Expo. Man they are sweet. I absolutely loved the way the turrets feel, good positive feel, not hard to turn but not too easy. Just perfect in my opinion. Glass is super clear. I own a regular Viper and really like it too. I have shot a lot with it at long range and spun the dials many many times and it is always dead on.
I also own a Sightron SIII 6-24X50 and it is the nicest scope I have owned to date. I would put the Vortex and Sightron models I have way above any of the others that you have on your list. Just a note, I got my Sightron SIII 6-24X50LRMD off Ebay new with flip ups for only $670.00. There are good deals out there, sometimes you just have to wait to get them.

Bringing this back up to the top...

Why no love for the Burris? It gets really positive reviews on some other sites..

Bringing this back up to the top...

Why no love for the Burris? It gets really positive reviews on some other sites..

Glad you brought that up again. I've often thought the same thing and like the looks of the XTR. Hopefully someone around here will chime in with some insight.

Glad you brought that up again. I've often thought the same thing and like the looks of the XTR. Hopefully someone around here will chime in with some insight.

I think they have really course adjustments and that's probably why?......Rich

Hmmmm, .25 moa windage and 1 moa elevation on the 4x16.
I wonder why Burris would do that?

Hmmmm, .25 moa windage and 1 moa elevation on the 4x16.
I wonder why Burris would do that?

They also have a 1/2MOA verticle adjustment option. It is okay if you are going to use it for man hunting and large game. It is a pretty solid scope, but the glass is a little shady. I was at Cabela's and looked through one. On high power the edges got a halo around it even in the store.

Tank

Rich, by coarse do you mean the 1 MOA? I was looking at their 6x24x50 with the 1/4 MOA.

Ya, that's what I was referring to. I couldn't remember just how course it was? If you found one with 1/4" MOA that's good. I looked through one a while back and thought it looked pretty good except I didn't want the course elevation adjustment.....Rich

Ya, that's what I was referring to. I couldn't remember just how course it was? If you found one with 1/4" MOA that's good. I looked through one a while back and thought it looked pretty good except I didn't want the course elevation adjustment.....Rich

I was just re-reading my post and decided that the COURSE adjustments aren't so bad, it's the COARSE adjustments that are hard to deal with:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.