Striving for Perfection: 1,000yd BR

del2les

While accomplished in 2021 by Charles Greer, its what we all strive for in the 1,000 yard BR or hunting game. Two records in one - 10 shot group size, 2.656", and a perfect 100-10x score. Berger 30 cal. 220gr Long Range Hybrid Target -

1709502544418.jpeg

Just going from memory, he shot a 300 WSM, Krieger barrel, Borden action, LRB stock. Thats an unbelievable target!

While not hunting, all of our custom parts we use and most all our knowledge of tuning and building really accurate rifles comes from BR. I have learned most of what I know about building accurate rifles and tuning from my involvement in LR BR. Those really accurate platforms are necessary to see the details. You learn it there, then you apply it to the rest of the rifles. It really goes hand in hand with LR hunting.

Last edited:
I know Charles. He used to shoot a 300 Weatherby Ackley improved in a beautiful and much heavier rifle many years ago and dabbled with a few others. He actually got out of BR shooting for several years and traveled. He came back to Tucson and took it up again.

Here are the specs of the winning rifle:

NBRSA 1000-Yard Heavy Gun Specifications:
Action: Borden BRMXD drop port
Barrel: Krieger 30″ 4-groove, 1:10″ twist, custom contour 1.35″ tapered to 1.00″
Chambering: .300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM)
Chamber Specs: .337 neck with .280 freebore
Stock/Weight: LRB (solid fill) Stock at 27 pounds
Gunsmith: Gerald Reisdorff
Optics: Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x52mm
Front Rest: Sinclair Competition with 4″ Edgewood bag
Rear Rest/Bag: Wahlstrom mechanical rear rest with custom Edgewood bag

Load Details: Norma .300 WSM brass, Alliant Reloder 23 powder, Federal 210M primers, Berger 220gr LR Hybrid bullets at 2800 FPS