6mm BR

Do they need to be turned every re-load or just check each time? Does the neck "grow" on the external dimension as they are shot, or can they go a few times without turning? Newbie question so forgive if it sounds silly.
Generally not every time. Turn just into the shoulder.
After a few firings be sure to measure the base of the necks again with a micrometer as the cases grow when sizing.

Since the DNR have just about killed deer hunting in MI, and there will be a ban on baiting next year... I'm going to gear up for predator hunting. The Michigan DNR seems to be in favor of predators over the quality deer hunting of my youth. More shooting is in the future anyway! Thanks for the input.

Yep they seem to be doing everything they can to not make it good. Funny cause I saw the least amount of deer I've ever seen this year hunting here. But last month I've seen more deer by my house than I have in my entire life. Saw two flicks over 150 deer within 5 mile radius.
Seems once the banned baiting the deer just are not moving. Sucks cause it's all small chunks of land here 80 acres or so so you can't go find them. You just have to hope they show up.
I'm gonna step up my food plot game this year. Now I know the deer are around I just need to find what they like.

Right on. They just cut about 400 Acres across from my land to feed a plywood plant so yay for the coyote hunting, and maybe they will drive the deer to "hide" in my woods. There are plenty out there, but they become ghosts on November 15th...lol!

Ya sounds like your set up now. That's what I had happen come the 15th they only came out at night. Even the farm I cull at saw nothing snowed that night went out super early and the whole field was tracks.

Ya sounds like your set up now. That's what I had happen come the 15th they only came out at night. Even the farm I cull at saw nothing snowed that night went out super early and the whole field was tracks.
Yeah, they party on my 200 yard rifle range at night.

I had a 6br made in the later 90's. It was made to be used with the old unobtainable these days Remington brass. It has a 14" twist because at that time I intended it to be used for ground squirrels and wanted to launch 55 grain ballistic tips at 3700 fps. It is insanely accurate. Took it out last week and it was grouping quite well at the 600 yard silhouettes. Most accurate gun I have ever owned. I am pretty sure it has well less than 1000 rounds through it. It just recently became one of my long distance target rifles. No recoil since it is heavy and has a muzzle brake. I love being able to easily the impacts. Keep that rifle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.