Spell check.....

I too have always had issues spelling (they say I'm dyslectic). I am a product designer for a composites company that requires me to do a lot of math (never been a problem). None of the people at my work have much of a problem with my spelling because they all know they could not even begin to do my job.
I have found most people that point out others bad spelling are hiding there own mental inadequacies.
Dyslectics unite! Oorha:D:D

Blipelt,
Had no problem reading your post, man am I smart!:)
Actually, I was surprised at how easily it read considering how the spelling was.

Agree totaly but here is a cool little thing I got sent to me with a bunch of other IQ games.

More Brain Stuff .. . . from Cambridge University

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Amazing what the human brain is able to do in fractions of a second.

Brent

I saw that paragraph during a ****ing match about people's spelling on another BB not that long ago and I couldn't believe how fast I was able to read it!!! It was as if everything was perfect!

Bogus excuses all!!

But I'm mighty proud you guys can vent! I spent quite a few years of my life in the military....just so you can vent!

And no...I've never seen 2 buzzards xx@/**^%!! Must have screwed up your spelling!!:rolleyes:

Ive followed this thread for a while, but now I'm compelled to comment. Sharps, I am currently active duty army (12yrs now) and have served over seas in a combat theater. What else is owed to me other than the paycheck that I recieved for doing my job? Is there some other benefit package that my service entitles me too? Perhaps the other members should take my opinions as gods word too? What I have found in my military carrer is that "silent professionalism" wasn't just an army thing, all of the branches that I served in joint operations seemed to be familiar with and practice it. Therefore raising the question in my mind of the service you claim to be a part of.

This kind of crap belongs on the hide

Guys, it looks like cabin fever has set in and some of us are prone to get a little carried away. This thread has some posts in which I was looking for the poster to admit to a little sarcasm and maybe even a little humor but it seems like it's tending to drift in a direction it shouldn't.

I think it's run it's course and before it gets locked or nuked I'd warn you to keep it civil and don't get carried away or poke somebody's eye out with finger pointing. :)

I've ridden on a bronc more miles backwards than you have forward...through hail, rain, high winds, and thunderstorms rounding up open range cattle, slopped the hogs, picked cotton, cut firewood, built fences and what have you and was in church on Sunday as well and THAT didn't interfere with me getting an education! Fine with me.....just remain ignorant!!

Sounds like this must be one of my neighbors with the weather we're having - can't be though - none of them have hogs and we can't grow cotton around here.

I'm just thankful to be reading English..at least I don't have to "press 2"

Guys, how about we just stick to better topics. Remember Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turneth away wrath"

I'm just thankful to be reading English..at least I don't have to "press 2"

Guys, how about we just stick to better topics. Remember Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turneth away wrath"

Very good! I got involved in this too, but I think its time to move on to better things. I think the thread starter has probably figured out by now that this isn't the forum for that kind of stuff.........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts