Spell check.....

Another thing to remember is that some of the worst offenders do not use English as a first or even second language and you have to cut some slack!!! I for one use spell check all the time, unfortunately we don't have grammar check, then I would be GTG!!
I know guys who can't read or write who are amazing with their hands and would make most edjumecated men look quite the fool!!

Bogus excuses all!!

But I'm mighty proud you guys can vent! I spent quite a few years of my life in the military....just so you can vent!

And no...I've never seen 2 buzzards xx@/**^%!! Must have screwed up your spelling!!:rolleyes:

We DO appreciate your service Sharpsman. I just don't think most of us feel that freedom means freedom to put people down when we haven't walked in their shoes! Thanks again for your service.....Rich

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Now that is cool!:)

I never would have guessed it.

Dude, I get paid 375 bucks an hour to write, you think I would give my playtime the same concern? I have paralegals and secretaries that spell check my stuff at work...I do not have the benefit of the ladies to fix my spelling get over yourself.

Bogus excuses all!!

But I'm mighty proud you guys can vent! I spent quite a few years of my life in the military....just so you can vent!

And no...I've never seen 2 buzzards xx@/**^%!! Must have screwed up your spelling!!:rolleyes:

Get off your horse dude!

Look here an enlistment oath. It says nothing about entitiling you to be a jack ***. Dont bring the fact that you served in the military in here as an excuse for acting like a *****. We are all good guys here we like to joke with each other and share stories and experiences. But this kind of critisim is not welcome!

(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Bogus excuses all!!
But I'm mighty proud you guys can vent! I spent quite a few years of my life in the military....just so you can vent! :rolleyes:

Don't think for ONE MINUTE that you're the only one on this forum that served their country or for a matter of fact been in harms way. I've probably been to more funerals for fallen friends then you've been to church and now it's starting all over. I have a son that went to one of the academies and now every time the phone rings his mother and I jump 2 feet waiting for the call. By the way - he is also a Marine and if he ever acted the way you are right now I'd slap the s^%t out of him and I'd bet he'd say "Thanks pops - I needed that". GROW UP and act like a proud ex-marine.

I laughed all the way through this pointless thread, and although I agree with the OP, I never thought of posting about it- and am not perfect myself. :D I just kind of wade through and deal...

I recently took a college English class online (ENG102 and got a tax credit, WOOHOO! :D) and it amazed me how many of this level collegiate English students couldn't spell or form proper sentances. Maybe it was just a lack of proofreading, but one way or another, the literacy of these fellow students was horrendous, even at the college level. So I say don't get upset, just deal. Looking good to others does not matter to some, whereas it is paramount to others. Move on, get over it, lets shoot :)gun) and talk about shooting...

I always found spelling to be easy for some reason and I think all the English classes that I took through 12 years in the Catholic school system gave me a pretty darn good foundation to pass on things properly when I am on the net. That said, I used to really feel that people didn't know squat if they couldn't spell correctly and put down legible sentences, but I think I'm starting to get over that philosophy. I guess the main reason is because the public school systems are turning out a huge percentage of kids that look like they are still in elementary school, as mentioned in the previous post. Some feel that everything must be done perfectly or they don't value anything a person has posted. Maybe they should just remember that God is the only perfect one around and I doubt He uses spellcheck, LOL! PS: I did my three years in the Army back in the late 60s too!

Why would you ride a horse backwards?

Wasn't a horse. It was a "Bronc" and you ride em backward to see where ya been. Besides it was hailing, raining, blowing and stormin. Hard to ride a Bronc frontwards in that stuff. I bet that is where he dropped his bible too.

:D:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.