Rear Bag Check

DoneNOut

This a good one for load development?

I have had one for years. I use it for F Class shooting and for my hunting rifles. Just make sure the rear sling stud isn't hitting the bottom of the bag and causing it not to slide and throw your shots. If you install heavy sand from Brownells in the bag will weigh about 20 pounds. You can also call them and they will make you a custom bag to fit your Rifle stock. Example if you want one with 3/4" between the ears for a hunting style stock. They also have one with a handle and I recommend it.😎
Good luck,
Jason

This a good one for load development?
This works best if you have a stock that has a flat bottom on the butt. Those are more meant for straight tracking after recoil. A hunting style stock is sloped so after the shot the riffle tends to track upwards after the shot is taken.

If you don't have an f class style bipod with fine adjustments for height this rear bag won't be the best because you'll have a hard time adjusting to hit target.

I have had one for years. I use it for F Class shooting and for my hunting rifles. Just make sure the rear sling stud isn't hitting the bottom of the bag and causing it not to slide and throw your shots. If you install heavy sand from Brownells in the bag will weigh about 20 pounds. You can also call them and they will make you a custom bag to fit your Rifle stock. Example if you want one with 3/4" between the ears for a hunting style stock. They also have one with a handle and I recommend it.😎
Good luck,
Jason
Install the sling swivel stud just behind the pistol grip and this wont be an issue.

Good luck,
Jason
I have 1.5" wide bag riders on the guns I'm gonna use with it. Chassis style stocks.
IMG_9002.jpeg

Last edited:
With a 1.5" width bag rider you will need a custom one made. Protector will make one for you just tell them what you want and need. The turnaround is very fast and reasonable for the quality of bags they make. Make sure to get a flat bag and not one with slope.

With a 1.5" width bag rider you will need a custom one made. Protector will make one for you just tell them what you want and need. The turnaround is very fast and reasonable for the quality of bags they make. Make sure to get a flat bag and not one with slope.
Does one squeeze these or are the adjustments made with bipod? I have an Atlas super CAL. Leg notch.

No the bag that you squeeze is a small leather bag that they sell with rabbit ears. This is usually used when you have the ability for adjusting the elevation with a front rest or a bipod like a Seb or mariners wheel for adjusting, for FTR shooting.

This is the model I see people use for squeezing the bag technique. Edgewood, Seb, and Bald Eagle are all company's that make rear bags.