Son's first elk gun

duramaxfxr2

So the boy turns 12 this year and is asking for an elk gun for next fall..he has killed a few deer with his grandpa's 6.5 creedmore and has shot my 300wm suppressed at the range with no problems..I am thinking a 280ai should be about perfect and have a donor rem 700 in 3006..my question is. As a growing kid what adjustable stock would be best? Any suggestions and/ or pics would be great.

I recently put a Boyd's AT 1 on a rifle that needed a shorter stock. So far so good. I was for my wife to see if she will like hunting before I go all in on a new rifle.

I did have to do a little sanding to get the barrel floated correctly, but overall the figment was good.

A little heavier than maybe you want but would help with recoil.

So the boy turns 12 this year and is asking for an elk gun for next fall..he has killed a few deer with his grandpa's 6.5 creedmore and has shot my 300wm suppressed at the range with no problems..I am thinking a 280ai should be about perfect and have a donor rem 700 in 3006..my question is. As a growing kid what adjustable stock would be best? Any suggestions and/ or pics would be great.

I like the KRG Bravo's

They feel like a stock, but have the modularity of a chassis. Only downside is they can be a little heavy.

Consider mounting a Picatinny Rail on the rifle if you haven't already - this allows much more flexibility when it comes to mounting scopes as those 700LA's don't leave a lot of room for adjustment fore and aft with standard bases.

Without a rail, getting the scope far enough back for proper eye relief can be a challenge

If the 06 is a shooter, maybe a suppressor would be good money spent. Out of the box thinking
Unfortunately the 06 had a pretty rough life with the prior owner..I haven't shot it but the barrel looks pretty rough after I cleaned all the dirt and stuff out of it..looks.like it sat behind the seat a few to many years..lol