My son's first hog!

Re: My son\'s first hog!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what bullets did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop,
I am ashamed to tell you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He is shooting a reduced load (for recoil reasons) using a 75g Hornady HP. It is a great coyote load <font color="red"> but is a little light for hogs </font> . I would not have let him shoot if I had doubted his ability to place his shots well. That, plus the fact that I was there to put the hog down if need be. The little guy is lights out with his little single shot so I knew that a hundred yards was a slam dunk for him. I didn't count on the pig not going down after the first shot but I didn't worry about losing her. I was fully prepared to finish the job if I was needed.

magicofmt---Thanks and good luck to your little one on his up and coming hunts. Keep us posted on how ya'll fare.

dc

[/ QUOTE ]

You think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I had a friend who offered to prepare the pig skull for a European mount. I made a wall plaque and had a brass plate engraved with my boy's name, date and other stuff. I put it all together tonite and I think it looks pretty cool.

pigskull.jpg

Looks good but ....

how were the pork chops? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good but ....

how were the pork chops? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I didn't realize that wild pigs were so good! So far, we have had a couple of roasts and a couple of tenderloins, They have been excellent!

Congratulations to both of you!!!
It's hard to stop looking at that great smile!!!

YUP!

We shot 2 of them in Texas last year. One got cut up and the other (smaller one) got roasted on a spit---GREEK STYLE!!!!! Simply awesome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes SIR!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talkin bout getting your children out to hunt and they harvest game I would be a proud dad to..........that's just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.