My sons' first hunt

jmcs

I said I would follow up after the break - so here goes. Both my boys shot their first buck now while on the school holiday break. Nich shot a Springbuck of 18kg and Jonathan shot a Mountain Reedbuck of 24 kg - both were one shot kills! The look of pure delight on their faces was fantastic - I will never forget it. Both hunts took painstaking hours as we stalked and ambushed and then had to start again and eventually the shot came. They are both hooked for life and are already asking for the next hunt please. The blooded faces and raw liver rituals were duly administered and I am a very proud Dad. I recommend this experience for all other Dads out there. I also took and underpriveledged boy with and he was sponsored a hunt and did well. It was an experience he is unlikely to have again in a hurry and it brought me greatr pleasure to see him shoot well - a natural.

jmcs,

That's very cool. Congratulations. :cool:

It's a lot of fun when you do that with our youngters. Congrat. them for me.

Now... Shame on you!!! :( Where are the pictures??? :confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.