Son's First Deer

magicofmt

Son\'s First Deer

Had a great Thanksgiving Holiday season, here's the buck my son shot at 100 yds. We put a sneak on him for an hour and got right up to him. Not long range, but a memory we'll never forget.

Caseydeer2.jpg

Re: Son\'s First Deer

All you dads sharing the wonderful adventure of a son's first deer is great. Thanks to magicofmt and several other folks for letting us enjoy those stories and images. This site is about much more than just shootin' long for a lot of fine people!

I remember my daughter's deer even better thn my son's. Later I overheard her talking to a girlfriend on the phone. She said it was the most exciting thing she had ever done. (This was before serious boyfriends).

Well said Ian, Magic , you are having a blast with your son , keep on keeping on cause the days while they are young are limited .

Thanks for the pic and sharing ,

Jim B.

Congrats to the both of you on a fine hunt. Your right you will never forget the experience. Hopefully there will be many years of similar shared experiences in your future.

Take care.

Very nice Buck! BUT!

You screwed up there letting him shoot that deer! A buck like that for a first deer, don't count on him for bringing home the meat. I can speak from personal experience, but it took me about 18yrs of hunting to get there. Now any buck I take has to be better than any previous buck I've taken. Last weekend I past up 4 very shootable bucks that 2-3 years ago I would have shot any one of them, but now they just weren't quite good enough. I've pretty much resigned myself to shooting scrub bucks (spikes and inferior/deformed antlers) until that one deer that makes me sh!t my pants walks out.

Non the less, I'm jealous. I've never had a chance to go after a mulie, and I sure would have shot that one!

magicofmt,
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That young man is spoiled now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif We want many, many more spoiled like that!
Great hunt, nice photo, good shot!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.