Sons first deer

Congrats! Awesome story! I am hunting this year with my 9 year old daughter and she is hunting a nice 8 point buck for our area. She gets up early to be in the blind 30 mins before sunrise to see her deer. This will be her first kill. The gift of the ourdoors is priceless to our younger generation! I got her a lifetime hunting and fishing license in the state of Texas for her first birthday! Happy hunting!

Congratulations to you and your Son! Any first deer is a trophy!

Many thanks to LRH members too for celebrating these events and all the positive feedback to Dads/Mom's and kids who complete this Sportsman's right of passage. I was the beneficiary of this kindness from
LRH members last week with My son's first buck and it was food for the soul.

I'd like to say thanks for all the kind words and encouragement for my son and I. No matter how crazy this world gets, it's relieving to know we can escape in the outdoors. I'm thankful for a forum to share outdoor adventures and keep the pursuit alive.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.