Some powder dropping, but why no projectiles?

LkeAF

It seems like there's a few powder drops every week now and if you're really paying attention, you can get your hands on some. Anyone know why the same doesn't seem to be happening with projectiles? Or am I just missing it when it happens? Just curious if there's some explanation....

I went to a LGS on Monday and he had pretty good inventory of Hornady including 200ELDX etc. But he also limits 2 boxes per week to spread the "wealth" to his customer base. I did not buy any but bought Staball 6.5 (1 lb limit). He asked why I said I didn't need any which he replied "Wow that is a first in long time!"

I went to a LGS on Monday and he had pretty good inventory of Hornady including 200ELDX etc. But he also limits 2 boxes per week to spread the "wealth" to his customer base. I did not buy any but bought Staball 6.5 (1 lb limit). He asked why I said I didn't need any which he replied "Wow that is a first in long time!"
Good on ya! I've done the same a couple times with online powder drops. I'm so accustomed now to scrambling and buying H1000 as soon as I see it that I have to consciously remind myself that I don't need to now that I've gotten some.
You guys are reminding me to check my LGS. It's been so long since I've seen projectiles or powder in there (at least to fit my needs) that I've stopped looking.

My local shooting supply had a good variety of Berger, Sierra and Hornady. Didn't make a list of what calibers in stock, but a decent variety. Good selections of powders also. Primers are the no show item lately and quality brass. The few primers I've seen locally were ridiculously priced.

I've been looking for Berger 80.5gr for about a month and haven't seen any drop. Some people are saying to back order them, but I don't know what site to back order from.

When I go back yo LGS, I will post up for who needs what. Maybe I can find what you need. They won't ship. Tried that. I live 1 1/2 hr but not bad drive at all.

It seems like there's a few powder drops every week now and if you're really paying attention, you can get your hands on some. Anyone know why the same doesn't seem to be happening with projectiles? Or am I just missing it when it happens? Just curious if there's some explanation....
I'd like to see primers. Nothing goes bang without primers.

Scheels' shelves are filling up with projectiles. But not in great variety. For example they have an entire shelf of only Hdy 30 cal 168s or whatever. Only 2 or 3 Bergers, 2 Sierras, etc.

It's comin back guys, the supply chains are coming back online.

After this many cycles of the same, hopefully we are finally learning to just buy regularly and casually stock up when components are readily available.

I hope to see primers show up sometime in my area. Last I checked back in February my local reloading supplier had
picked up 1200 lbs of powder and sold it all in a day and a half. I said what about primers? He said his distrbutor told him 6 months before he sees a primer probably. I have two young boys who would shoot a couple 100 rounds of 22 hornet and 17 hornet about every day if ammo was dirt cheap. 😁