Some guys I just don't get?

Did any of you that are hiring the customer at the stake stop and think about how long Steve even have him to respond? Or are your guys jobs just that lackluster and you live here. I used to be a hammer bullets customer. Even went to shop converted many friends. Don't have a clue how much I've spent in bullets. But I'm done with hammer. when bc's didn't line up it was my bore was too tight well I ran out of time trying to true bc's went back to the old standby bullet and smashed an elk. If your that jumpy that you need to go after customers your business will fail. I can't wait until weatherby starts having issues will you attack them too. If you're such a stand up citizen then stand up shut up and let your sales speak for everything else. People bad mouth stuff all the time and yes. I've heard you say it. It's not their lively hood. You're right but if your product is that good then you'll keep selling bullets.

Steve I wish you the best but my self or my friends will no longer be customers.

If you'd like to talk more give me a call.

Also for any of the hammer fans if you wear an xl please let me know I have a hammer bullet sweatshirt your more than welcome to have.

Last edited:
Id agree I wouldn't do it even though its a generous offer. But im also confident in my load work. Ive had hammers not shoot in a gun and had them shoot well in others i dont think its a design thing i just think some barrels dont like copper. But if i had a 28 nosler and barrel life was on borrowed time i wouldnt want someone firing away in it trying like hell to make it shoot. Maybe guarantee to have a load found in 25 rounds or bust? Id definitely record throat when you started and finished so you dont get blamed for burning up his barrel too.

It took over a week from the time I made the offer to get frustrated enough to start this thread. He said he just forgot. Could be. The point of the thread was not to exact revenge but to air my frustration. Some of you that think I am out of line seem to think I should publicly name the individual? I don't understand the point. Just to make me more out of line in your eyes?

I am pretty much an open book. Yes, sometimes we see some rifles that truly tank the bc of our bullets. We could probably remedy that with a secant ogive but they tend to be less forgiving and cost several grains of bullet weight for the same amount of twist. We will likely be making more bc aggressive bullets in the future. They will likely be tougher to load develop and not what we wanted to enter into the market with as a new company. We now have a reputation of easy and forgiving to load so it is probably time to start looking at bullet designs that are more aggressive.

I will likely never make an offer like this again. Just not worth the effort. People that go out of their way to try and make us look bad are never receptive to an offer from us to fix the problem.

It took over a week from the time I made the offer to get frustrated enough to start this thread. He said he just forgot. Could be. The point of the thread was not to exact revenge but to air my frustration. Some of you that think I am out of line seem to think I should publicly name the individual? I don't understand the point. Just to make me more out of line in your eyes?

I am pretty much an open book. Yes, sometimes we see some rifles that truly tank the bc of our bullets. We could probably remedy that with a secant ogive but they tend to be less forgiving and cost several grains of bullet weight for the same amount of twist. We will likely be making more bc aggressive bullets in the future. They will likely be tougher to load develop and not what we wanted to enter into the market with as a new company. We now have a reputation of easy and forgiving to load so it is probably time to start looking at bullet designs that are more aggressive.

I will likely never make an offer like this again. Just not worth the effort. People that go out of their way to try and make us look bad are never receptive to an offer from us to fix the problem.
So when the 169 bc I drop almost 80 points to get my drop to line up at 1k and you said it was my bore being to tight so you sold me another 100 of the absolute because that would fix my problem to which didn't shoot worth a crap in my gun so your solution then was sell me more bullets full price there was no offer no money back no 100% satisfaction it was my rifle. Never once did I come at you on a public form I handled it over the phone with you one and one. Your new thing of running to the forms is a prime example of why I'll never shoot a hammer bullet again. New Motto #friendsdontletfriendsshoothammers.

Still haven't gotten a text or phone call guess you really know your customers.

I did not read through all the responses. Just the OP.

Here is my experience and takeaway.

I have shot Hammers in probably 40 different rifles. Mostly customs. I would conservatively say, I have never had a rifle that shot a Hammer over .75MOA. But I have had rifles that shot other bullets better than a Hammer.

Now, I have had rifles that do not like certain bullets. I have one currently that absolutely hates the 6.5mm 150 SMKs, which is the bullet I REALLY wanted to shoot out of it. But, if Sierra asked me to send them my rifle, no way would it happen. And if I had a rifle that didn't shoot Hammers well, I wouldn't send my rifle to Hammer either. I would just move on to another bullet. But that is just me. I am pretty confident in my reloading capabilities and supply of various components that if I can't get it to shoot well, it never will. No matter who is doing the loading or trigger pulling. But I know a TON of guys who would take you up on the offer to do their load development, free or paid for.

I wouldn't think too much into it. Unless I had some strong drive to shoot your bullets or had exhausted all my other options I wouldn't take you up on the offer. I've been happy with Hammers in some of my guns, but there's other companies that produce fantastic bullets too. If someone else's bullets provide the performance I want I'm not going to go out of my way to make your bullets work. That's especially true if it would involve shipping my gun. It's not a particularly high risk thing to do, but it's not a risk I'll take without a good reason. I also wouldn't accept an offer like that with the stipulation that I don't share the whole story with others.

Some bullets just don't shoot in some guns. Without seeing the other user's posts it's hard to say whether they're badmouthing your company or just sharing their honest experience with your product. Considering it sounds like they shoot a lot of your bullets I'm inclined to assum

So when the 169 bc I drop almost 80 points to get my drop to line up at 1k and you said it was my bore being to tight so you sold me another 100 of the absolute because that would fix my problem to which didn't shoot worth a crap in my gun so your solution then was sell me more bullets full price there was no offer no money back no 100% satisfaction it was my rifle. Never once did I come at you on a public form I handled it over the phone with you one and one. Your new thing of running to the forms is a prime example of why I'll never shoot a hammer bullet again. New Motto #friendsdontletfriendsshoothammers.

Still haven't gotten a text or phone call guess you really know your customers.
I don't know who you are by your screen name. Call me or give me your number. 406 261 0010

Recent Posts