Somertimes I don't use my brain..... Sometimes

SidecarFlip

Here I am (for years) buying components, powder, primers and such from the Internet and lately getting screwed on ancillary charges like stupid high shipping and/or dealing with stick it to you vendors that obviously get enjiyment in making reloaders squirm...

I've always bought my factory rifles from the same shop, been in the a million times, know the owner personally and I've never seen any reloading components inide...

So we were both at a function and I got to talking to him about the current gouge the consumer policies Internet suppliers have seemingly adopted, not all, but most or so it appears to me.

I mentioned to him the scarcity of propellants like Retumbo and H100 and how primers have seemed to magically vanish.

Then he says to me, "You need components" to which I replied, not at the moment, I just took another screwing from an Internet supplier but I have what I require for now.

He replied to me..... "When you need propellants or primers, call me. I just sold 32 pounnds of H1000 to a couple of my customers and far as primers are concerned, I only sell in 1000 lots", to which I replied I usually buy 5000 at a time.

I'll be getting my components from him from here on out. Sure I'll have to pay sales tax (6%), but no Haz-Mat and no inflated ship cost. BTW, his Federal LR Match primers are 34 a box of 1000.

Sometimes I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel..... I'm done with the Internet concerning components. Bruno's, Precision and the rest can KMA.

Good for you guys. Online purchases with shipping, hazmat and minimums are gouging everyone. I have never purchased components online, only locally and always seem to find it sooner or later. I do feel sorry for members that can't find something and seem desperate for it. If they live in a small town or a commie liberal state I guess the online components are a given. Buy local if you can wait and help your community shops stay in business.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.