Some guys I just don't get?

There is a member here that every now and then will come into a thread that has something to do with Hammer Bullets and qualify himself as a Hammer Bullet user. He will say that he has a couple of rifles that shoot them well but most of his rifles shoot them poorly. He assures everybody that his rifles are not the problem because they are custom and shoot other bullet into sub half moa groups all the time. He then will post pics of targets with tiny groups using brand X bullet and pics targets that look like a shotgun pattern from same rifle using Hammer Bullets. The other day I told him in the open forum that it does neither of us any good if I sell him bullet that he can't use and explained that we have a satisfaction guarantee or your money back policy. I asked him to PM me his name and he did, so I looked up his order history and found that he had bought about $900 worth of bullets over a couple of years. That is quite a bit, not just some guy that bought a sample pack of 15 and that was it. So, I sent him the following PM.

I Looked up your order history and you placed quite a few orders over a couple of years. I see the order of 129gr Absolutes in Dec '22.

I want to make you an offer. I have never seen a rifle that shoots anything well that will not shoot Hammers well. Over the years we have had 4 rifles that would not shoot well, with anything. 3 Christiansen and 1 Bergara. Nothing apparently wrong with the rifles other than just bad ones. Has been a few others that all wound up repairable and then shooting well. That said, I want to shoot your rifle. We will pay the shipping both ways and share the load data with you. The only thing that I ask of you, is you share the results. I don't want it out that we are doing this on our dime. It would create a demand or expectation that we wouldn't be able to live up to. We could just say that even though we don't do custom load development anymore, you and I came to an agreement for this rifle. If possible, I would like to have some of the ammo with it that shoots .5 moa. That way I don't have to develop that load too. This gives you the opportunity to have a great load on us and gives me the opportunity to figure out why it wouldn't shoot for you.

This guy never even answered the message. This is an offer of about a thousand dollars of service. Why would someone just ignore this? Seems to me there is a couple of scenarios. 1. He is not who he says he is. 2. He is more interested in bad mouthing Hammer Bullets than he is in getting satisfaction. It is frustrating for me when people that proclaim to have a problem with our product, usually have never used them. I have offered several times to refund an LRH members money back only to find out that they have never actually used our product. Those people are just nuts. They are pretty easy to get over and for the most part entertaining. I was going to call this member out by name but decided that it wasn't necessary. This time I thought I had an actual customer with issues that we could figure out how to resolve. I guess not.
That's above and beyond! I have nothing but good things to say about your customer service received and the product I've purchased have been excellent. Easiest load development I've ever done and on game performance has been excellent as well. Keep up the good work sir.

Can't imagine spending $900 on bullets from a single manufacturer, being disappointed I couldn't get them to work as well as I wanted to despite obvious attempts to do so, then have the manufacturer bash me on a forum for not agreeing to send him my rifle.

Even if you can get it to shoot your bullets, sounds like it might only do it so temperamentally that he wouldn't be confident in various scenarios/conditions or with a powder/primer combination he wouldn't want or be able to replicate. Or maybe he's found a load with another bullet that he's happy with. Or he doesn't want to send his rifle off to a guy he doesn't know with a vested interest in making it look like it shoots his bullets as well others. Or he doesn't want to agree to be free advertising for you by promising to share *your* results with the rifle. Or he doesn't like your aggressive and threatening "marketing." By your own admission you were "going to call this member out by name but decided that it wasn't necessary." For what? Giving you $900 and then not agreeing to send you his rifle and act as your advertisement? The horror! Yea. Guess some people are "just nuts."

You've already given people on this forum good reason to not buy your product, but I guess we can add "not wanting to get doxxed by the owner if it doesn't shoot well" to the list.

I like Hornady bullets. They shoot pretty good and the owner has never threatened me, which is nice.

I would, kind of curious....is it the number of grooves, is it cut rifling, hammer forged...feather weight barrel....reloading practices...rate of twist..particular bullet weight selected ...altitude...chamber or particular throat or amount of erosion...fouled barrel or a barrel prone to fouling...but that's just me...and I haven't played with Hammer bullets because momma says use up what I have before I can buy any more....and then she did an inventory 😁

I'm betting that if most of us met Steve at a bar or a hunting lodge (at the bar 🥴) we would think him a pretty good guy. He is clearly driven, he believes in what he is building, and wants to be the best. Regrettably being the "absolute" (pun intended) best just isn't in the cards. If Hornady or Sierra, Berger, and so forth can't pull it off it speaks to the infidelity of both the market and the variability of the equipment. It's just that beating everyone over the head and quite frankly acting like a jilted lover is totally unbecoming. This comes from an older guy so my advice is to stick with it, find your niche, own it, and never waste a h***-*n.

I expect this kind of whiney victimhood from 20 year olds. Dude someone doesn't like your product get over yourself. You've been wallpapering this place with threads for every animal anyone ever shot with your bullets for a long time now. Honestly I don't really care to see that. It would be nice to hear it from the actual hunter instead of some guerrilla marketing campaign. And for the record I've shot your bullets. I've been to your shop. They shot fine but no better or worse than anything else. I have been wanting to go back to a solid in one of my rifles and this thread does not make me want to buy from you again.

Also for any of the hammer fans if you wear an xl please let me know I have a hammer bullet sweatshirt your more than welcome to have.

Since no one has taken you up on your offer, I will. PM me for my address.
@bsnyder: Just a thank you to let you know I received the Hammer hoddie and hat today. Thanks!
Ed

We ship custom rifles all the time. Insured of course. No problems. I think most custom rifle makers ship a high percentage of their work. A reasonable reason not to take the offer though.

The offer still stands.
I haven't used your bullets yet but I am going to Soon !
Only loaded 1mono bullet in 41 years
Looking 👀 forward to yours!