Some guys I just don't get?

The real hard part is load development can trick the best of us. I've always shot bergers but moved back to California for my kids and needed to go lead free and bought some hammer hunters and struggled to get a load as accurate as I expected, about 3/4 moa but hoped for better and I actually gave up and went to badlands that I got to about 1/2 moa. Was digging through some stuff and found some129 absolute hammers I forgot I had, threw together a quick fire form load with 52 grains h4350 in my 6.5ss and it shot .219 moa !!! Can't wait to tweak it and see where is goes. I think the entire time I spent with the hammer hunters I was using powder to slow….. been doing this for decades and still learning I guess!!!!
You're going to work to better a one hole group? That's serious OCD. Just joking. try for.119

I wouldn't think too much into it. Unless I had some strong drive to shoot your bullets or had exhausted all my other options I wouldn't take you up on the offer. I've been happy with Hammers in some of my guns, but there's other companies that produce fantastic bullets too. If someone else's bullets provide the performance I want I'm not going to go out of my way to make your bullets work. That's especially true if it would involve shipping my gun. It's not a particularly high risk thing to do, but it's not a risk I'll take without a good reason. I also wouldn't accept an offer like that with the stipulation that I don't share the whole story with others.

Some bullets just don't shoot in some guns. Without seeing the other user's posts it's hard to say whether they're badmouthing your company or just sharing their honest experience with your product. Considering it sounds like they shoot a lot of your bullets I'm inclined to assume it's the latter.

You're going to work to better a one hole group? That's serious OCD. Just joking. try for.119
I am definitely guilty of serious ocd, according to my wife at least…… I probably would leave that load alone if it wasn't so mild. That rifle runs the 135 badlands at 3217 and this mild load with the 129 absolutes was only running 3082. I want to see how fast they are when I hit pressure. Hopefully find a node around 3300 or a little faster!!

I wouldn't think too much into it. Unless I had some strong drive to shoot your bullets or had exhausted all my other options I wouldn't take you up on the offer. I've been happy with Hammers in some of my guns, but there's other companies that produce fantastic bullets too. If someone else's bullets provide the performance I want I'm not going to go out of my way to make your bullets work. That's especially true if it would involve shipping my gun. It's not a particularly high risk thing to do, but it's not a risk I'll take without a good reason. I also wouldn't accept an offer like that with the stipulation that I don't share the whole story with others.

Some bullets just don't shoot in some guns. Without seeing the other user's posts it's hard to say whether they're badmouthing your company or just sharing their honest experience with your product. Considering it sounds like they shoot a lot of your bullets I'm inclined to assume it's the latter.
My only stipulation was that he must share the results.

I do understand why you wouldn't want the whole experience shared, but I'm wouldn't accept an offer like that.
When I sent him the note I did not want to create an expectation that Hammer Bullets would be taking on load development for anyone that has had trouble. We simply could not afford to do so, let alone have the time. We stopped doing custom load development a couple of years ago because we just could not get them done in a timely manner. That was for paying customers, let alone doing it on our dime. This guy had been making the point on many occasions, to publicly point out that Hammers don't shoot well, and insinuating that it was only because of the bullets and nothing to do with his equipment or process.

He has now declined the offer because I am just mean. He was considering the offer, until now, but just forgot about it. I guess. The offer still stands. It would now be documented publicly by me and if I can't get it to shoot, I would say so. I just wanted to keep it on the down low that we would be covering all the expenses.

Why would he be interested in that? Your bullets didn't shoot in his rifle, he wasn't happy with them or you. Hes moved on. Why would he want to send his rifle to you so you can put more rounds down range and POSSIBLY find a load that works. If he's moved to a better round then he's just allowing you to burn up his barrel a little more for a bullet he doesn't want to shoot. Personally, I'd have zero interest in this "offer".

Edited to add…. I know you think these threads somehow help your business but they don't. They turn into a smear campaign. You smearing anti hammer guys, anti hammer guys smearing you. This is the type of thread you constantly start that end up pushing people away. I'm not sure if you're stubborn or just can't realize that you drive away more business than you gain with your posts. Do yourself a favor and hire someone to promote your bullets. I believe @sndmn11 might be in this type of business. You aren't doing yourself, your business partner, or hammer bullets any favors by constantly posting this type of thread.

Last edited:
Maybe he doesn't have the best public relations type of attitude ( I don't either ) but he seems to be like me and want to know why or how to fix the problem. From what I've seen the guys at Hammer bullets are striving to make a better product some through testing and some from failures. Nobody gets it right the first time.

He didn't say who it was, I don't know I'm not trying to find out who.

Nothing is perfect, there not gonna work for everybody but it would be nice to know why.

Why would he be interested in that? Your bullets didn't shoot in his rifle, he wasn't happy with them or you. Hes moved on. Why would he want to send his rifle to you so you can put more rounds down range and POSSIBLY find a load that works. If he's moved to a better round then he's just allowing you to burn up his barrel a little more for a bullet he doesn't want to shoot. Personally, I'd have zero interest in this "offer".

Edited to add…. I know you think these threads somehow help your business but they don't. They turn into a smear campaign. You smearing anti hammer guys, anti hammer guys smearing you. This is the type of thread you constantly start that end up pushing people away. I'm not sure if you're stubborn or just can't realize that you drive away more business than you gain with your posts. Do yourself a favor and hire someone to promote your bullets. I believe @sndmn11 might be in this type of business. You aren't doing yourself, your business partner, or hammer bullets any favors by constantly posting this type of thread.
Normally I would have zero interest in making the offer. Seemed like a win win for both of us in this case. I am the only one that really has anything to lose. Certainly, I am the one forking out the money and time. It would be me on the hook if it was damaged in delivery.

Bravo...I think any bullet maker is always interested to know why...is it the design the material a particular style of rifling or the cutter used in the rifling, how the the steel was stressed, reloading practices...I mean I play with century old and older rifles in addition to modern and seek help from other shooters and practitioners and have shipped off problem children on occasion , because it left me baffled.... sometimes the problem was simple and fixable other times it the rifle and it was relegated to wall hanger status or rebuild because we couldn't overcome the issue.

That a manufacturer is willing to take on the issue to see, what may be wrong...well that is just nice.....instead of a shrug and a better luck next time.