Shoulder bump problem or no problem?

No. they make sizing reamers. Reason being your chamber is actually bigger then the die. So you would ream out the entire die. Or break the reamer. Dies get hardened after made.
I thought that would be the case here but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying. I have been handloading since the early eighties and have never had any issues of any kind other than getting a stuck case in an RCBS small base .280 Remington die early on. That taught me a very expensive lesson back then because money for me was hard to come by at that age. I have never delved in the wildcat calibers though.

I have seriously thought about getting another die. If that ends up solving the problem, I'll have a custom sizer made on fully formed brass. If my web is expanding that much, and my measurements haven't said so, wouldn't I also be seeing significant ejector marks?
Your case web will only grow as far as the chamber will let it. It wont cause a ejector mark atleast i never seen it. Your case head shouldn't ever swell. Thats over pressure aka loose primers. I might have extra 30 nosler die i dont use. Ill look around when i get home. Ill send it to you

Your case web will only grow as far as the chamber will let it. It wont cause an ejector mark atleast i never seen it. Your case head shouldn't ever swell. Thats over pressure aka loose primers. I might have extra 30 nosler die i dont use. Ill look around when i get home. Ill send it to you
I will sure try it. I'll PM you later. Thanks

If I had a .338 Mega die, I'd send it to you to try and see if it makes any difference.
Perhaps if someone else has one they could do it.

If I had a .338 Mega die, I'd send it to you to try and see if it makes any difference.
Perhaps if someone else has one they could do it.
I believe I am beginning to be convinced there is a dimensional problem somewhere. Gotta be the die. I don't want another Hornady die, but other than custom dies, that's all that exists. Like Barehand said if a different cartridge die doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to buy another Hornady die, and hope for the best

I have had this issue with my 338 Mega (but on a tikka)... However, this problem came up on my 2x fired brass... I had FF and then loaded all and shot without issue. When I resized and bumped .002" I would get real tough to chamber. I have ended up bumping them back enough to where I dont get any resistance while chambering. I am sure I bumped them back anywhere from .004-.006" but I have decided to live with it and deal. I know this doesn't help you at all, but just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one with this problem.

I have had this issue with my 338 Mega (but on a tikka)... However, this problem came up on my 2x fired brass... I had FF and then loaded all and shot without issue. When I resized and bumped .002" I would get real tough to chamber. I have ended up bumping them back enough to where I dont get any resistance while chambering. I am sure I bumped them back anywhere from .004-.006" but I have decided to live with it and deal. I know this doesn't help you at all, but just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one with this problem.
Thanks for that info. Someone said a couple of days ago that this in not the worse thing that could happen. That's true I suppose but I'd like to get it corrected also. Sounds like some of the dies are wrong, and other guys say they have no issue. Might be a Hornady problem.

I believe I am beginning to be convinced there is a dimensional problem somewhere. Gotta be the die. I don't want another Hornady die, but other than custom dies, that's all that exists. Like Barehand said if a different cartridge die doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to buy another Hornady die, and hope for the best
Hornady does warranty their products and their Customer Service is very good so maybe you could give them a call, explain your issue and express your concerns with their dies. They may surprise you with their response. They replaced an electronic scale for me with a newer and better version for free when my old one stopped working and the warranty had been expired for a couple of years.

Hornady does warranty their products and their Customer Service is very good so maybe you could give them a call, explain your issue and express your concerns with their dies. They may surprise you with their response. They replaced an electronic scale for me with a newer and better version for free when my old one stopped working and the warranty had been expired for a couple of years.
That's good to know. I'll give them a call. Thanks

Its your case web… run it through another die. Your die could have been made over spec. I got norma 37* die from hornady im sending back for it being too big at case web.

The chamber dimension at the .200 datum is .555" and all of his sized cases measure .553" or less. How could it be the web?

One more question for you @Tidesloe, what headspace comparator are you using?

One more question for you @Tidesloe, what headspace comparator are you using?
I started with a Sinclair 40A bump comparator. The neck on that is too tight to the case neck and seemed to be contacting the neck shoulder junction. Not completely sure but sure looked that way to me. I switched a Hornady 420E, and removed all doubt.
Rich did tell me the chamber is .555, but I've seen him get confused and give incorrect info. Not the first time that's happened. What else other than an undersized chamber reamer could cause it? I don't know. Got to be a dimensional problem somewhere