Shoulder bump problem or no problem?

So I got out yesterday and fired some more rounds, and today I took more careful measurements, and notes. I'm not at home near my notes at the moment, but I can tell y'all what I found. I pretty much knew this a few days ago but waited to get a chance and confirm my suspicions. This has all been my fault. I ignored a reloading 101 basic, and actually thought that my extractor couldn't possibly cause that much resistance, but it is. I was tunnel visioning on more complex answers and overlooked the basics and the obvious. I don't know how you save face on that, and maybe you can't, but just come out and own up to a glitch in my thought process. 🤣 The extractor comes to a point, pushing the case off center. It looks like it's wearing in a little, and seems to be not quite as bad. Regardless, with the extractor removed, I'm still having to bump the shoulders .0035 to chamber with no resistance. I believe .003 might chamber cleanly, but without micro adjust dies I can't hit it exact. I'm pretty sure the shoulder is where it's contacting on fired rounds. With the extractor, and I saw evidence of it last weekend it's pushing the case against the chamber wall.
That's it in a nutshell, and I own you all an apology for wasting your time. On the bright side, I learned a lot from you guys responses. It'll definitely benefit me going forward, and I appreciate all the help. Thanks guys!

Great news!

Apology is NOT needed here! We all make mistakes.
I do want to commend you for how you handled the entire thread with class and respect, even when the troubleshooting tips and opinions begin to go in lengthy circles.

Sounds like you are off to load development!
.003 shouldn't cause problems. And as you know +/-.0005 is always an allowance since it's very difficult to get more shoulder bump precision with standard dies...which most people use.

Best of luck!
Keep us posted!

Great news!

Apology is NOT needed here! We all make mistakes.
I do want to commend you for how you handled the entire thread with class and respect, even when the troubleshooting tips and opinions begin to go in lengthy circles.

Sounds like you are off to load development!
.003 shouldn't cause problems. And as you know +/-.0005 is always an allowance since it's very difficult to get more shoulder bump precision with standard dies...which most people use.

Best of luck!
Keep us posted!
Thanks and I will do.

But why is your extractor gouging the rim area so badly?......
Could it be in need of being pulled and cleaned inside the bolt/spring area...
...maybe a piece of brass got inside and is constricting movement(s)......

But why is your extractor gouging the rim area so badly?......
Could it be in need of being pulled and cleaned inside the bolt/spring area...
...maybe a piece of brass got inside and is constricting movement(s)......
It's a controlled round feed. I think but not completely sure that the extractor pushes the brass again the chamber wall and hooks it to keep it up on the bolt face. This appears to be what's causing the gouge in the extractor groove. I might try honing that little point down. Right now, it's a sharp point, but seems like it wearing down. I've taken it apart and cleaned it, and still same thing.

If anyone is still hanging around this thread, I have an update. I may have jumped to gun. The problem still exists. A completely different fire form load that's forming much much better and I'm back to having to bump .006. The one thing consistent is the distance I've got to be is from base to shoulder. Up to that point with resistance if I give it a little pressure, it doesn't stick the case. The case will fall right out. The adjustments I'm making sure seems like it would be bumping it more than .006. Another member replying here brought up this "anomaly", as someone else online put it, but it might not be an anomaly. I'm still not opposed to casting my chamber and die, but I'm also looking at the brass. I use an amp annealer, and with a WSM pilot it's barely annealing to the shoulder body junction, and the brass very resistant to bumping. I can't imagine this brass is springing forward at the shoulder after firing, but I'm not sure what else to think. I was convinced the other day that with the extractor out I was only bumping .0035 to chamber. That brass started out shorter than the brass I tested after changing my fire form load. As the other member was telling me in a PM, I shouldn't be having to bump even .003. The search for the answer will continue