Nagging Problem

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Bang4theBuck, Jun 18, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Bang4theBuck

Bang4theBuck Well-Known Member

This may not be right forum to pose this question, but I didn't know where else it would fit better. I have this nagging problem in that my suppressor cover slides forward and backward on the suppressor. this happens no matter how tight I cinch the velcro straps. I have a Silencerco Hybrid, with an anchor brake on the end, so it would seem that difficult to use one of the types that roll over both ends of the suppressor. I am wondering if anyone out there with this suppressor or similar ones have a solution to this issue?

2. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

what cover is it--don't think its a suppressor problem, most likely its a cover problem

SMK1000plus likes this.
  3. Bang4theBuck

I agree that it is a cover problem. It is a silencerco cover.

4. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

Wrap a couple rubber bands around the suppressor before you install the cover.

5. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

6. Bang4theBuck

LancetKenyon,
    Have you done this? Do the rubber bands not melt? It sounds like a great idea, but dont want to learn the hard way that they melt.

7. Deviant

Deviant Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with my Varminter 3.0 and a Dakota Silencer cover. It need some sort of high heat silicone rubber bumps or something on the inside to keep it from slipping.

8. JCow14

JCow14 Member

9. huntsman22

huntsman22 Well-Known Member

And here I thought this was gonna be a thread about your wife......

10. lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon Well-Known Member

My brother does this. He also uses very small stainless steel zip ties and gets them real light, then cuts the end off and leaves just the nub. It works very well too.

11. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I must not be having a great week, when I read the thread title my first thought was, "Get a good divorce lawyer and quit fighting the inevitable".

With multiple shots any cover that isn't securely anchored is going to walk so you might consider really cinching it down on the backside with some paracord.

Velcro would work nicely but of course if you shoot much the barrel and suppressor are going to get hot enough to melt just about any adhesive you can think of.

Cinching it down tightly from the rear is probably the only way you're going to get satisfactory results.

12. Jerry Mckenzie

Jerry Mckenzie Member

I have tried the para cord/ bunggie around the suppressor. The one made by cole tac is the only one I have found that won’t walk. It actually has a paracord wrapped around the barrel and tied back into the cover.

mdvctry likes this.
  13. DSheetz

DSheetz Well-Known Member

Is the cover just to insulate it so you don't burn your self or something else when it gets hot form shooting?

14. lyotehunter

lyotehunter Well-Known Member

just buy a bowers silicone cover problem solved.mine works great I have two others that slide but the bowers stays put

mdvctry likes this.