Nagging Problem

Bang4theBuck

This may not be right forum to pose this question, but I didn't know where else it would fit better. I have this nagging problem in that my suppressor cover slides forward and backward on the suppressor. this happens no matter how tight I cinch the velcro straps. I have a Silencerco Hybrid, with an anchor brake on the end, so it would seem that difficult to use one of the types that roll over both ends of the suppressor. I am wondering if anyone out there with this suppressor or similar ones have a solution to this issue?

LancetKenyon,
Have you done this? Do the rubber bands not melt? It sounds like a great idea, but dont want to learn the hard way that they melt.

This may not be right forum to pose this question, but I didn't know where else it would fit better. I have this nagging problem in that my suppressor cover slides forward and backward on the suppressor. this happens no matter how tight I cinch the velcro straps. I have a Silencerco Hybrid, with an anchor brake on the end, so it would seem that difficult to use one of the types that roll over both ends of the suppressor. I am wondering if anyone out there with this suppressor or similar ones have a solution to this issue?
I have the same issue with my Varminter 3.0 and a Dakota Silencer cover. It need some sort of high heat silicone rubber bumps or something on the inside to keep it from slipping.

LancetKenyon,
Have you done this? Do the rubber bands not melt? It sounds like a great idea, but dont want to learn the hard way that they melt.
My brother does this. He also uses very small stainless steel zip ties and gets them real light, then cuts the end off and leaves just the nub. It works very well too.

I must not be having a great week, when I read the thread title my first thought was, "Get a good divorce lawyer and quit fighting the inevitable".

With multiple shots any cover that isn't securely anchored is going to walk so you might consider really cinching it down on the backside with some paracord.

Velcro would work nicely but of course if you shoot much the barrel and suppressor are going to get hot enough to melt just about any adhesive you can think of.

Cinching it down tightly from the rear is probably the only way you're going to get satisfactory results.

I have tried the para cord/ bunggie around the suppressor. The one made by cole tac is the only one I have found that won't walk. It actually has a paracord wrapped around the barrel and tied back into the cover.

Is the cover just to insulate it so you don't burn your self or something else when it gets hot form shooting?

just buy a bowers silicone cover problem solved.mine works great I have two others that slide but the bowers stays put

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.