Should we start to boycot these high prices?

Something everyone has to remember is not all stores buy at the same prices . Depending on the distributor and your tier you can have as much as a 5% swing in cost. Your local LGS is 100% making less to keep people coming through the door to sell other things. Gun stores in general survive on volume not margin.

Is there gouging out there? 100% there is. Some online places your actually paying for that free shipping.

Cost on any of this stuff won't be going down as long as the below list doesn't change

Ocean going freight containers 20,000 plus

Cost to get freight to and from the boat quadrupled.

Manufactures , Distributors , and Retailers having to pay 30-50% more for employees

Supply chain not getting better until late 23 early 24.

Raw materials sky rocketing

This is only my 2 cents from someone inside the industry and a manufactures rep. The days of cheap consumables that everyone got used to over the last 10 years is gone.

It is all about the bottom-line numbers. Businesses that do not adjust accordingly to the market volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity will not last long.
I had a conversation with my LGS owner and his answer to me was
"IM NOT DOING THAT TO PEOPLE"

Producer Price Index is 11.2%......that means everything costs more to produce. We haven't seen the end only the beginning.

It's simply supply and demand. I'm surprised that what is evident in every aspect of material life, that high priced "optional" things are what sparks their rage. Retailers are not ripping you off. They are covering their high prices. Fuel is doubled, supply is halved, and that means it, whatever it is , is 4x the price it used to be.

Those retailers are griping too. They have to deal with the tuned up public who claims they're stealing from them and their shelves are bare. There's nothing to sell.

Cool down my brethren, it's simple economics. If you boycot your LGS, gun broker is all you'll have.

Personally, I just need to come to terms as to" How Much is Hoarding ", and How much is " Just Being Prepared for the next Drought."
For me, I know that when/if prices go down I'll be buying primers by the case and not the brick. Then replace those as they get low. I'd like to have 5k of each size I use on hand at all times. Powder will be bought by the jug after I find a load and confirm it will work. I don't care what people think of as hoarding but before I always had at least 1k of each size of primer I needed, and as that got low I'd buy more. Now that seems impossible, I'm scared to shoot some of the stuff I have that takes primers I'm low on.

I'm pretty well stocked up for what I need. But, I just bought 500, Speer 30 caliber, 150 grain BTSP's for $26.50/100.
Speer is owned by ATK. ATK is the parent company of Federal Cartridge, CCI, Speer, and other law enforcement product manufacturers. So if they can sell bullets at that price, why can't the other manufacturers do the same thing? The increase in materials is the same for all manufacturers. Maybe because either they are gouging or the middleman is gouging? Whichever the case, screw all of them. I don't buy anything that I don't need or have an immediate use for. I say stop buying if you don't need it right now, and let the demand go down until they get the idea that the game is over and people got smarter.
It's just like the housing market where people were bidding more than the asking price, then lost the house to the bank within a few years and the flippers started picking them up cheap. Now it's going on a 2nd time around and people are falling for the same gimmick.
It's like going into a car dealer and the sticker price is $60K and then telling the salesman, I'm not going to let you screw me, I'll give you $70K. Wake up people.

Last edited:
My dad told me once when I was growing up " screw me once thats on him screw me twice thats on you"

Boycott lumber and housing too. I bought my house a week before 15 days to slow the spread. If I had waiting six months I would be hosed and stuck because $300k - 400k neighborhood when I bought is now $500k - 800k. Yeah it looks good on my balance sheet but others trying to step into the housing market are getting hammered or are just stuck.

Boycott eggs, apples, bacon, bread too. Those have seen near 100% inflation too.

Sherm, Im surprised you found anything.My 338NM,'s eat Retumbo.Been looking local and missing out on it on here for last year,dont remember last time I saw primers local. Im a builder wasn't long ago 1/2 '' was $12,now $50.No slow down in building here prices to build outrageous. If I could find Id buy

To bring prices back will take a correction event that we don't want to go through!! The last couple years has fundamentally changed manufacturing and retail in such a way it will take a complete reboot!!
X2. You will NEVER SEE THE OLD PRICES AGAIN. Does anyone actually believe prices will go ALL THE WAY BACK? Are you that insane? Up 400% back down 100 would be the best I'd ever anticipate....no one is going to relinquish their new profits. Supply and demand! What do you all think COVID was for! Just me