Should I use these primers ?

Bear62041

I can't find small rifle primers ANYWHERE. Rummaging thru my loading bench in my garage I discovered 2 boxes of 100 each of CCI that are probably 7 years old. Additionally they are stored in my unheated garage so they've been subject to conditions from "0" degrees during the winter to probably 100 degrees in the summer here in Iowa. But they have not suffered excessive humidity beyond a typical Iowa summer inside the garage. I'm excited to load some 350 legend for my new Ruger Ranch Rifle. What do you guys think ?

Are these safe or should I dump 'em in a can of oil and get rid of them ? Anyone know where I might find a couple of boxes of fresh primers ?

Thanks to all, I really enjoy this forum.

RT2506

As far as safe goes if they are not cankered they should be safe. Now as to will they fire or how consistent will they be you will just have to load some up and shoot them. I personally would not use them for any serious ammo like self defense or big game hunting but for paper punching or varmints I would use them. I was given some CCI small pistol primers once that were at least 10 years old and had been in an outside shed subject to all weather conditions. I used them for plinking and paper punching but every one of them fired and shot just as good as a new primer. So who knows about yours?

ShtrRdy

They're fine. Many years ago I had to store primers in my garage for 15 years. Temperature swing. was something like -10 degrees to 110 degrees. They worked fine for me.