short action decisons

RemingtonShooter

« on: Today at 10:38:15 PM » Quote Modify

Hello all,

I recently handled a sendero and loved it but want a 300wsm. This will be hunting rifle. So, I have at least narrowed it down:) :
Savage 14 classic, not many reviews on it.
Savage 10xp Predator, they do exist as special runs, not the Max1
Savage Bear hunter, I am a newbie so I am wondering if the short barrel will impair accuracy, the muzzle break would not be used. Don't like them much.
Savage 12vlp dm, but I would go with a BC or hs stock
Custom order Max 1 predator
Remington 700cdl SF, ditch the stock and go with a hs. Essentially a sendero.
Kimber, heard mixed reviews
Sako tecomate

Let the opinions roll! This will be used for deer, elk, Texas exotics so light matters within reason....

Thanks, n

Of your list my pick would be the savage 12 vlp dbm in a black with grey web bell and carlson A2, very accurate rifle and savage is the only ones on the list with a 3" magizine without buying a wyatts or the like.

Sendero either 300wm or 300 rsaum. i had my rsaum rechambered to wsm. should not have. very little difference.

If i was buying like you, i would go with the sendero or a savage long range hunter. The LRH has shown to be very accurate, adjustable cheek rest and a muzzlebrake that can be turned on or off without removing it. I think if it was me, i would go LRH, unless you plan on using it later for a custom build.

Sent by using the dark side.....

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.