Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Yep. Jam them with a reduced load charge. Use this time to break in barrel, get a feel for the trigger, recoil and generally get to know the gun. Load development should be easy with all the data on this and other threads

I have a .30 Gibbs and love it and thought about making a 7mm/.280 Gibbs. The .280 Sherman is about the same and reloading dies may be more available. I formed brass by necking 30-06 brass up to .338 and then ran it through the .30 Gibbs sizing die until I barely close the bolt and then fire formed the brass. Used Remington brass and haven't had any failures. Case capacity and performance is same as .300 short mags, brass is cheap and available, and I have one more cartridge in the magazine. Yep, the .280 Sherman is going on my wish list.

I have a 6.5SS, and like it so much, having a second built as we speak. For fire forming loads, I take a fairly stiff charge and run it. Usually fully forms in a single firing. And accuracy is sensational.

Here are a couple more loads I sent Rich. Not sure if he got them included in the report. Neither one of these were max loads in this rifle. Both were approximately 1.2-1.4gr under max.

26" 1:8" Proof Sendero
ADG 6.5SS brass (fully formed previously)
Fed GM215M
57.0 RL23
127 LRX
2.220" CBTO
3242fps
ES11
SD 5.6

ADG 6.5SS brass (fully formed previously)
Fed GM215M
57.0 RL23
140 HVLD
2.230" CBTO
3161fps
ES 10
SD 5.1

Anyone here using the 7SS headstamp brass and annealing in the AMP machine? Got the code? Care to share?
Maybe a worn out piece I could pay shipping.
Cheers

Anyone here using the 7SS headstamp brass and annealing in the AMP machine? Got the code? Care to share?
Maybe a worn out piece I could pay shipping.
Cheers
I emailed Richard and he said he sent some recently to get tested , but last I heard, Alex (from AMP) was in the US, but hasn't seen the samples arrive yet.

And unfortunately , if anyone is able to test it through Aztec, that number won't work for us with the non Aztec models (unless Aztec spits out numbers for each setting).