Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

Anyone running a 25 SST, 6.5SS or 7SS in a shorter barrel, say 22"? I know figure 25-40 FPS per inch. Looking for any real world results, load data, etc....??? Also do you know if the wildcat composite stocks will fit a proof sendero light, I have a email out to them but haven't heard back. Thanks!

Wildcat can open up the barrel channel on most any of their stocks, it seems. They were pretty accommodating when I spoke to them. The easiest was going to be the Var tac or KS Tac.

And 2nd on the request for load info in short barrels! 6.5SS and 338SS

Any suggestions on building a 25 SST for PRS? Thanks
You could run the 131 at PRS speeds with a host or powders. It was tested up to 3350' with slower powders like H1000 and Retumbo. You could run those powders at 3175' with moderate pressure or you could use faster powders like 4350 with a lower volume and a little more pressure. I ran H4895 in the slightly larger bore 6.5 version and 130 grain bullets at 2900 with 42.2 grains at very low pressure and it shot zeros!

You could run the 131 at PRS speeds with a host or powders. It was tested up to 3350' with slower powders like H1000 and Retumbo. You could run those powders at 3175' with moderate pressure or you could use faster powders like 4350 with a lower volume and a little more pressure. I ran H4895 in the slightly larger bore 6.5 version and 130 grain bullets at 2900 with 42.2 grains at very low pressure and it shot zeros!
26" barrel. Specific twist? Contour? Probably going Bartlein. Tikka action or Rem 700 SA? Any specific magazines?

26" barrel. Specific twist? Contour? Probably going Bartlein. Tikka action or Rem 700 SA? Any specific magazines?
26", 7 1/2" twist. Most guys run pretty heavy barrels. Tikka would work but Remmy is all you need for magazine length. Probably run an accurate mag in it. Alpha and AICS also work. The 131 is 2.860" to the lands.

Will be adding some load data for light bullets soon, we have a factory Ruger M77 .270 10 twist barrel having the chamber reamed to .270 Sherman, and will be used in California, so copper bullets required. We will be trying the 128 Badlands Bulldozers, to shoot in a .270 Sherman. Will likely try Reloder 16, as we have it on hand. We may have to try a few different powders to find what gives the best velocity and accuracy, but we're hoping to reach 3500+ fps. Should be a pretty fantastic laser for the blacktail deer my cousin hunts in California!!

At the same time, we will be doing load development for an 8 twist .270 Sherman built on a marlin action, we may try some of the hammer 168's, being we live at 6600 ft elevation, there is a chance they may stabilize, but we will see. We also have around 700 170 Berger Elite Hunters, so with Reloder 26 we will likely end up around 2950-3000, as this is a 25" barrel. We will see!!!

Will be adding some load data for light bullets soon, we have a factory Ruger M77 .270 10 twist barrel having the chamber reamed to .270 Sherman, and will be used in California, so copper bullets required. We will be trying the 128 Badlands Bulldozers, to shoot in a .270 Sherman. Will likely try Reloder 16, as we have it on hand. We may have to try a few different powders to find what gives the best velocity and accuracy, but we're hoping to reach 3500+ fps. Should be a pretty fantastic laser for the blacktail deer my cousin hunts in California!!

At the same time, we will be doing load development for an 8 twist .270 Sherman built on a marlin action, we may try some of the hammer 168's, being we live at 6600 ft elevation, there is a chance they may stabilize, but we will see. We also have around 700 170 Berger Elite Hunters, so with Reloder 26 we will likely end up around 2950-3000, as this is a 25" barrel. We will see!!!
I think you will exceed 3000' with the 170 even with a 25" barrel, but, every barrel is different. A guy in AZ. Runs them past 3100' in a 27". The 128 Badlands may well reach around 3500 if the bearing surface isn't too long.

Last edited:
Again please PM me with the data so I can update the pdf. This will make it so there arent 50 pages of other stuff for people to wade through between random data and off subject questions.

I will be adding data this weekend.

Again please PM me with the data so I can update the pdf. This will make it so there arent 50 pages of other stuff for people to wade through between random data and off subject questions.

I will be adding data this weekend.
You bet. Any other powder suggestions for the 128 in a .270 Sherman? He will be hunting in temps from high 50's up to 100 degrees, so something in the more stable range would be better.

Cody, RL-23 should be good for that. 130 grain bullet and H4831 is a traditional load for the .270 Win. RL-23 is a similar burn rate and supposed to be one of the most temperature stable powders.

Good luck and let us know what you find to work best.

Just got my 7SS Brass. How is everyone fireforming this brass? Are you jumping right into load dev knowing numbers are going to change? Really mild load to save barrel life?

Just got my 7SS Brass. How is everyone fireforming this brass? Are you jumping right into load dev knowing numbers are going to change? Really mild load to save barrel life?
I normally jammed .005-.010 but headspace with fresh brass is enough for extractor to go over the rim...IMO i think you can shoot them without jamming