Sherman Wildcat Reloading Data is Here!!!

First of all dont overlook the lowly 300ss ;) with the 225 or 208 eld m or 215 Berger if that's your deal! Haha run the numbers. I just did and you will be surprised!

Second of all we should keep this thread on point and short

If people have data please PM me so I can update the sheet. I will be doing so this weekend with more 7ss and more.

You could jump on the 338SS like some of have done.
250 Berger at 2850-2900 there's some serious knock down power there.
Would fit perfect in that Tikka!!
Ya I'm sure there is! Only thing I'm thinking is the rifle will weigh between 6-7 pounds when I'm done and the 338SS will probably kick the snot out of me haha

Mpa...where do you hunt& what would u be hunting for with your rifle?
I hunt in Colorado. Deer and elk. I build guns and shoot a lot so I'd feel comfortable shooting Elk at 1000 or maybe farther so I want a caliber suitable for that but with a light weight gun I still want to be able to get back on target to spot my own impacts.

Sorry for getting off topic Idaho hunter. I did list a few additional powders & loads. If anyone else wants to add please do. Otherwise how about starting a new thread related to some of the most recent posts.

Sorry for getting off topic Idaho hunter. I did list a few additional powders & loads. If anyone else wants to add please do. Otherwise how about starting a new thread related to some of the most recent posts.
It's all good. Every thread on here falls victim to it ;)
I just want it to be kept short so the data is easier to find for people rather than having to shift through the gammet of other stuff.
I agree as someone mentioned before that it would be nice to have a dedicated page for the Sherman stuff.

Anyone Shooting 338SS with Hammer 213g or 225g Accubonds? If so could u share reloading data. Interested in Varget with these. Having 338SS built by West Texas Ordnance.
My experience shooting the 225 AB in my 338 Sherman was you couldn't run them much faster than the 250 Berger because of the longer bearing surface. That said though, you still might reach 2900'?

Last edited:
"Load data sheet updated."
Where is it posted? I tried to click on the link on the first page, but it does not come up.

Never mind...some sort of glitch in the system.

I like it! When will we get 26" barrel data for the 300 PRC SI?

Last edited:
6.5 sst data with 142smk - 143eld-x - and 147eld-m with loads using Retumbo are interchangeable with imr 8133...such as 59.0 grains of Retumbo with 147 eld-m/cci 200/@ 2.810" coal ...can also use imr 8133 59.0 grains/147 eld-m/cci 200/@2.810" coal... I've been able to shoot .5grains more with imr 8133 than with Retumbo without reaching too high pressure. The IMR 8133 is a smaller & more dense spherical powder grain than the Retumbo which I've found can take up a little too much room sometimes resulting in a compressed load, whereas the 8133 will not be a compressed load using equal loads as Retumbo.