Sell me on a barrel

I'll be running the Berger 195. This rifle will be an extended range rifle. I've reached the potential of my factory riflesand want to reach out further for deer, elk, bear and coyotes.

That's awesome and exactly what I am doing with my new build. Since you will want a 1:8-1:8.5 twist then bartleen, Kreger, benchmark or proof would be my suggestion. I am using a proof carbon SENDERO barrel 26" 1:8.24 twist. My other proof and benchmark barrels have shot so well you're suprised when you check your groups.

I have run 2 bartleins myself and have shot a dozen more that were money. I have a hawk hill marksman contour that is waiting on me to pick a chamber.

I haven't ever used hawk hill but a guy I shoot with has had 2 that left nothing to complain about. This one was in stock and I couldn't find a bartlein in medium/light Palma so I snagged it.

I have a benchmark on my 7mm-08 it is pretty fast I think. 26" long and runs 139gr sst at 3020fps (haven't went to see where it hits pressure yet). 162gr eldx were up at 2845fps. Factory american white tail ammo is suppose to be 2860 out of mine was 2980.

Benchmark, fantastic quality, using the new Sunnen honing system. I have 4.
Pac-Nor, my favorite, using the new Sunnen honing system. I have 5, 6 more?
Bartlien, excellent barrel. Match winner. Any twist + lands/grooves you want. I have at least 2.

Those are my go to barrel makers. I have an inventory for projects to last a long time. Most if the inventory is these makers.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.