Sell me on a short action magnum caliber

Why is that and what caliber
It's a 6.5ss on its second barrel and both barrels have been slow and pressure quickly. With a short action magnum I am pretty limited on chamberings that fit well with high BC bullets. I would of much rather built on a long action and have the ability to chamber just about anything I want and not be limited by COAL.

It's a 6.5ss on its second barrel and both barrels have been slow and pressure quickly. With a short action magnum I am pretty limited on chamberings that fit well with high BC bullets. I would of much rather built on a long action and have the ability to chamber just about anything I want and not be limited by COAL.
Thank you. Im looking at adding a few more rifles to the line up and am debating a short action 25 saum with the blackjacks. Want it as a hunting rig.

Thank you. Im looking at adding a few more rifles to the line up and am debating a short action 25 saum with the blackjacks. Want it as a hunting rig.
I've got three short actions right now and it feels like I cheated myself. They are great for non magnum cartridges but for me, any magnum I build will be on a long action. But, to each their own and that it what's great is everyone likes something different.

Doing a build shortly. I've got my eye on 3 calibers so far. 7saum, 270 wsm, 6.5wsm.

what else should I look at?

I'm wanting this for a compact backpacking rifle. Barrel no larger than 24" preferably 22"

thanks

Beyond any shadow of a doubt I'd go 6.5 PRC

I've got three short actions right now and it feels like I cheated myself. They are great for non magnum cartridges but for me, any magnum I build will be on a long action. But, to each their own and that it what's great is everyone likes something different.

I just didn't want to regret my decision either. I have 5 short actions but all for short action non magnum calibers, one long 300 Norma. Looking at adding another long for a fast twist 270 wsm build and something for a 25 saum build. I just figured blackjacks reamers are designed for short action and is the reason I'm thinking short

Recent Posts