Easiest barrel to sell

Rflshootr

I'm in the market for a 700 ADL for the action. I can buy a whole rifle cheaper than the action. I have a choice of 3 calibers and am going to sell the new take off barrel. Which do you think would be the easiest sale.....

308 Win 1:10 twist
6.5 Creedmoor 1:8 twist
243 Win 1:9.125 twist

Yeah I have to agree they're probably all about the same. Another question might be which one would you rather keep in case you can't get a reasonable offer. Are they all new barrels? I'd also say the 308 win or 6.5 would be the easiest to sell.

Last edited:
308 or 6.5 as both could even possibly be rechambered. The 243 at that twist rate I wouldn't think is that desirable.
I agree but many might just want a standard barrel to replace on their rifle. I have purchased some factory barrels in the past to put on standard hunting rifles. So a slower twist 243 win could sell. Especially to someone that wanted to shoot lighter varmint bullets.

Another thing to consider if you get a new remarms ADL is the ramp is cut so that you could use binderless AICS mags.

I agree but many might just want a standard barrel to replace on their rifle. I have purchased some factory barrels in the past to put on standard hunting rifles. So a slower twist 243 win could sell. Especially to someone that wanted to shoot lighter varmint bullets.
Key word in the OPs post. "Easiest".