Score this bull

I agree with Slymule there's to many trees and branches in the way. Other than when he bugles you can barely makeout it's a bull. Sorry!

Wild guess of around 240ish maybe. Just cant tell at all with all the brush. Ih honestly couldnt even count the points, so I couldnt even tell you if his rack is simetrical, or not. So like I said wild guess.......Judging by the massive amounts of thick nasty brush/trees, it Looks like a high cascade hunt, or west side hunt, either way most folks would call you nutts for passing on anything on those hunts,you must know your way around your hunting area quite well to do that on a general season OTC tag.

Last edited:
He looks like a 4x4 or 4x5 with a narrow spread.

Winmag is very close 220 to 240 would be my guess.

J E CUSTOM

Click on the link to go to youtube and view it fullscreen. The bull is a 6x6 and his 4th points are around 24inches you can see them when he tilts his head back to bugle at around 00:50.

It is hard to say, on the lowers, top looks good. I would say 300-340 depending on the lowers and mass.

This is the bull I ended up killing. Not scored. Saw the Drop tine and thought it was very unique.

PA160064.jpg

PA160055.jpg

That is a nice bull. The drop definitely makes it a shooter. Good job. With this bull you were probably still smiling even after the work was done getting it out. PS you never did give us your guess on the other bull.

That is a nice bull. The drop definitely makes it a shooter. Good job. With this bull you were probably still smiling even after the work was done getting it out. PS you never did give us your guess on the other bull.

On the bull in the video I came up with a low score of 336 with 50inch mains and 22inch 4ths. I was very very happy with my bull and don't regret passing up straight 6x6's that were larger to get him.

Also just to clarify as to why my bull is not being scored is because I killed him on the Governors tag. My issue arises with the fact that most governor tag holders are killing expressly for score and no other reason. I killed this bull on my own on public land without any guides. Just me and a buddy who had never hunted elk before. It was a very fun hunt that ended with great bull. Not many governor tag holders get to say anything other then the guides found the bull, I came in, killed it and that was it.

Your right about that with the tag. The way you did it makes the hunt more memorable than size (just icing on the cake) has to do with it. Of course sometimes the icing makes the cake.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.