Bull Elk This Morning

I have worked up in Chelan. I love the area.
Had a sub contractor up there that made the claim that in that area, they only allow general hunters to shoot spikes. Only special tag holders could shoot branch antlered bulls. Is that fact?

I have worked up in Chelan. I love the area.
Had a sub contractor up there that made the claim that in that area, they only allow general hunters to shoot spikes. Only special tag holders could shoot branch antlered bulls. Is that fact?

Very much depends on the area, but in general, yes.

Guy

Well, I only shot 'em with my camera. :) There wasn't much light, so I had to use a slow shutter speed. Found these rascals in Chelan County, Washington:

yMLFipPh.jpg

WZUgiRZh.jpg

6twRu4wh.jpg

Thought I'd share.
Thanks for sharing love seeing elk especially in my state Are the Roosevelt's or Rocky Mountain elk there?
Corey

My wife was driving through the Sprague area on the freeway store Tri-Cities last winner and had about 100 + elk cross in front of her out in the sagebrush. Kind of funny I never see nothing when I have to do that drive to Tri-Cities from Spokane. Finally saw a few mule deer last Sunday on the drive though it's always nice to see the critters

Ok...now I'm jealous...lol. Now I gotta get in better physical condition and look to the west for a hunt...yup I'd have to have a guide.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.