Bull Elk This Morning

Wonderful pictures. I live in Southeast Washington and can't believe you captured those bulls around Lake Chelan. You missed your calling unless you are a wildlife photographer. Think about sending the photos to the Washington State Dept of Fish and Wildlife to use on next years Hunting Regulation Pamphlet. A contact would be Kris Thorson, [email protected].

Thanks for the great spur of the moment pic's, more of us need to have a shoot and click camera with us never know what you might have a chance to capture.

Very nice. Super nice. That's some good breeding, right there. And, thanks for the lens info. Off-topic but we haul apples out of Chelan. Fabulous country there.

Nice shots ! Great to see bulls of that quality running around. To bad they are not safe from the local tribes.

Guy probably knows for sure, but I believe they are "Cascades elk". They tend to have a lot of Roosevelt features. Almost a subspecies in themselves since they are in the transition zone from Roosevelt to Rocky Mt. elk.

Thanks for the share. Great to see nice Bulls. it gets my blood already thinking about next Fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.