Bull Elk This Morning

Guy M

Oh - and depending where they go during the season - I'd doubt these bulls have been hunted since they were spikes. Almost impossible to go after a branch antler bull here. Some areas have a couple of tags for that, some have no tags at all for branch antler bulls. So - these fellows may have never been hunted by man, or at least not since they were spikes.

trebark

Oh - and depending where they go during the season - I'd doubt these bulls have been hunted since they were spikes. Almost impossible to go after a branch antler bull here. Some areas have a couple of tags for that, some have no tags at all for branch antler bulls. So - these fellows may have never been hunted by man, or at least not since they were spikes.
Interesting...in your area you can only hunt spike bulls? What's the reasoning behind that?

Backcountry sports

Well, I only shot 'em with my camera. :) There wasn't much light, so I had to use a slow shutter speed. Found these rascals in Chelan County, Washington:

Thought I'd share.

Guy M

Interesting...in your area you can only hunt spike bulls? What's the reasoning behind that?

I have given up trying to figure out the wildlife management here. :) I'm sure it's got something to do with herd management. Spike only during the general season, there are a very few draw tags avail for "branch antler bulls" - but very few. Ah well, I'd rather hunt cow elk anyway. No room left on the wall for big antlers anymore. :)

Cow elk are legal for bowhunters, over the counter tag.

Guy

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.