Bull Elk This Morning

Oh - and depending where they go during the season - I'd doubt these bulls have been hunted since they were spikes. Almost impossible to go after a branch antler bull here. Some areas have a couple of tags for that, some have no tags at all for branch antler bulls. So - these fellows may have never been hunted by man, or at least not since they were spikes.

Oh - and depending where they go during the season - I'd doubt these bulls have been hunted since they were spikes. Almost impossible to go after a branch antler bull here. Some areas have a couple of tags for that, some have no tags at all for branch antler bulls. So - these fellows may have never been hunted by man, or at least not since they were spikes.
Interesting...in your area you can only hunt spike bulls? What's the reasoning behind that?

Well, I only shot 'em with my camera. :) There wasn't much light, so I had to use a slow shutter speed. Found these rascals in Chelan County, Washington:

yMLFipPh.jpg

WZUgiRZh.jpg

6twRu4wh.jpg

Thought I'd share.

Interesting...in your area you can only hunt spike bulls? What's the reasoning behind that?

I have given up trying to figure out the wildlife management here. :) I'm sure it's got something to do with herd management. Spike only during the general season, there are a very few draw tags avail for "branch antler bulls" - but very few. Ah well, I'd rather hunt cow elk anyway. No room left on the wall for big antlers anymore. :)

Cow elk are legal for bowhunters, over the counter tag.

Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts