Scope Mounting Height

If you don't want to move the scope forward you can cut some off the front of the rail. I did that on one In order to get the scope lower.
I have done this as well to get the scope to come back farther for proper eye relief

What problem are you having? Is the scope too high to look through?

I'm not sure what you want to do exactly, but Warne makes great steel rings that mount directly to that Tikka rifle. That would likely fix your issues.

Last edited:
It all started with one of those things I have always done issues. In the end if it shoots well and I don't have an issue with alignment with my eye, I am probably trying to fix an issue that really doesn't exist. I guess I just get too caught up in my old ways sometimes.
I appreciate the input.

Here I thought I was the only bubba that cut his front rail to mount a Leupold VX5HD as low as possible! LOL Warne maxima low are lower than Leupold low. I went down this trail between the two on a Talley 20 MOA rail.

How tall is your rail? When I scoped my new X-bolt a few weeks ago, Murphy Precision's rail was the shortest I found. They are also excellent quality and have great customer service. The owner might would customize one with a sloped front for you.

Those PRW2 rings are 0.840" according to Leupold. Seekins lows will get you a bit lower at 0.820".
murphyprecision.com. He is very accommodating and turn around time is short.

Here I thought I was the only bubba that cut his front rail to mount a Leupold VX5HD as low as possible! LOL Warne maxima low are lower than Leupold low. I went down this trail between the two on a Talley 20 MOA rail.
Don't feel bad brother I've done it as well

Try these next time.
Screenshot_20211225-214358_Samsung Internet.jpg
20201024_114201.jpg

I guess I'm just going to run it the way it is. I adjusted the cheek plate to center my eye. After looking at the drawer full of rings and bases, I just told myself to stop. I'll put the dollars I don't spend on more rings and bases toward a suppressor I want.
"I" personally do not see anything wrong with it, esp. when all is good when you look through it.

Recent Posts