Scope Mounting

Nightforce, Seekins, Hawkins, Badger....no need to lap quality rings. And, if mounted and torqued correctly will not leave scope markings in my experience.

Read the article that Jim See wrote in the online magazine (Should I lap or bed my mounting system). He has some really good suggestions in there. Bedding the lower ring to the scope sounds like a very sound idea. I have not tried it as yet but I like the idea.

Good luck and shoot straight all

I personally only use talley rings with the one piece base. I use burris signature XTR rings with EGW rail bases as my budget doesn't allow for more expensive brands. I have literally half a dozen of the cheaper scope rings in a bag as I wont use them. Leupold, vortex, weaver just to name a few. You want something you can trust on your hunting rifle that wont cost you missing that animal.

The two brands above I have never had to lap, they were so close using a lapping rod it didn't matter, so I don't lap them. Those cheaper brands aren't made to the same specs.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts