School me on weatherbies

morning, the early model wbee's had the pencil barrels.
not accurate. my 340 wbee is my favorite. accu mark.
muzzle brake. very accurate. also have 2 257's and 1
7mmwbee. all r customs. purchased 3 german actions
for some of customs. customs is the way to go.
mine wear Hart barrels. u will not b disappointed.
justme gbot tum

have a line on a perfect mark 5 in 300 westherby, stainless fluted barrel, what looks to be a bell and carson stock. Doesnt look to have any use. It has a 3-9 vx2 on it as well. They will take 1150. Seems like a great deal. It's very light so i'm sure its a recoil heavy rig. Do i need it ? No. But i think it would be a very nice addition to my gun locker. Currently i have a 6.5 swede, 7mm rem mag and a 30/06. The 7 mag is very heavy. Love the bolt lift on the weatherby. I would be handloading for it. Please chime in. Thanx
Weatherby have a very long throat. I loaded for a 340 it had .440 jump just be aware. Not sure about,this caliber. No,issues it,just surprised me.

have a line on a perfect mark 5 in 300 westherby, stainless fluted barrel, what looks to be a bell and carson stock. Doesnt look to have any use. It has a 3-9 vx2 on it as well. They will take 1150. Seems like a great deal. It's very light so i'm sure its a recoil heavy rig. Do i need it ? No. But i think it would be a very nice addition to my gun locker. Currently i have a 6.5 swede, 7mm rem mag and a 30/06. The 7 mag is very heavy. Love the bolt lift on the weatherby. I would be handloading for it. Please chime in. Thanx

I shot one once. It taught me all I needed to know about 300 weatherby mags. Yeeee....ouch!!! My buddy, owner of said rifle, is 6' 7" and about 300 pounds. He says it doesn't kick at all. Anyway, he loves it. I didn't. As far as performance on big game, it's fantastic. I just prefer to be conscious short after I pull the trigger.

At 1 time I had 6 weatherby mark 5s from 257 weatherby to 300 weatherby and the older I got the less I found I wanted to shoot them although I liked the 257 because of the speed these guns shoot at I think I ruined a lot of meet they were expensive to reload for (weatherby brass got expensive)and you want something dangerously loud put a muzzle break on a 300 weatherby guarantee headaches after shooting

Depending on your hunt, I'd have no problem staying with the 3-9 Leupold. Excellent light scope and sufficient magnification if you're mountain hunting or carrying a long distance (such as in Alaska). If you're stand hunting or just target shooting, mounting a heavy scope, especially the European brands, will help tame recoil and allow for higher magnification. Mark V actions, especially the old German ones, are outstanding. There isn't a 30 caliber magnum that performs any better than the 300 Wby. Weatherby Supreme factory ammunition is quite accurate should you run out of reloads and can be found most place. The expense of factory ammo is overplayed these days when considering the costs of everything else. Sure, I like to handload, but knowing I can get excellent ammo off the shelf most places works for me.

One of the biggest whitetail bucks I ever shot (200" class) allowed only a Texas heart shot at 150 yards. He was steadily walking away. The 300 Wby dropped him, as I had no concerns regarding getting the penetration needed. Outstanding cartridge!

I buy and sell guns quite a bit - the only one I have ever regretted selling was a 300 wby. It does sound like the accumark - those are supposed to be great rifles. I found the 300 wby recoil to be more pleasant than a 7mmRM and a 300 RUM...the recoil wasn't as sharp, it was more of a push.

They do have a long free bore in the chamber, so of you load your own you may want to start with a bullet that handles jump well. Such as the berger elite hunters.

Hope you have deep pockets, ammo and components are stupid expensive for anything in a weatherby chamber.
NOT True... I shoot an Accumark in 30-378 and have always loaded for it, never bought a factory box of shells. You can get new brass to load with. What components are you talking about that are stupid expensive? I say GO FOR IT! I love my Weatherby's, AMERICAN classics they are!

The 300 is a hard kicking all around rifle that will handle anything in north America!! Its nice to reload and easy, a good price if you dont mind recoil

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.