School me on weatherbies

A guy I work with wants to sell me his lady friends 300 Weatherby MKV from the '88-'92 lineup cheaper than what I've seen online. Don't really need something like this but maybe a good one to have?I'm down in swco and usually shoot a .308.

A guy I work with wants to sell me his lady friends 300 Weatherby MKV from the '88-'92 lineup cheaper than what I've seen online. Don't really need something like this but maybe a good one to have?I'm down in swco and usually shoot a .308.

Most people don't really "need" a Sports Car, or a Boat, or a 2nd Home, or a Weatherby. But the ones that do own any of these usually really enjoy them. :) I know I really "enjoy" my Weatherby.

NOT True... I shoot an Accumark in 30-378 and have always loaded for it, never bought a factory box of shells. You can get new brass to load with. What components are you talking about that are stupid expensive? I say GO FOR IT! I love my Weatherby's, AMERICAN classics they are!
It is somewhat true that Weatherby ammo needs " deep pockets". If you buy Weatherby Branded bullets off the shelf then yes you pay a ton more, but you can buy other brands of ammo for the common Weatherby calibers.. I.E. Federal makes 300 Weatherby shells that cost 1/2 the price... therefore not true and reloads will only cost 3-5 cents more than their counterparts due to the larger volume of powder... once again no deep pockets necessary....that's why we reload and can love our Weatherby's even more! As for American Classics.....well I'm Canadian! So I guess when I tell you Weatherby's were being made in Japan for some time...and Howa is still making barrels for all the Vanguard line... not that classical....but it
didn't stop me from buying 6 and loving everyone! The Mark V's definitely stand out in a crowd.

Everyone needs something like this...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.