Scary Incident

I am still "TRYING" to do what I did 5-6 years ago pre neck operation. Just ain't the same. Having a hard time accepting that I am disabled and 67 years young. I just can't pay anyone for doing any work on our house, our vehicles or tractors machinery. Yet I recently paid a young fellow to install new gutters on our house and a few years ago paint the outside of our house. Also had a contractor replace a deck and he screwed it up so bad I threw him off my property and tore what he did down and re built it myself. Physically I should not be doing a lot of things, but the costs$$$$ are way too high and the quality way too low with most of today's workforce.
Wish we had a couple of strong smart sons or son-in laws to help with the work. I at least trained Samson to pull a wagon all the other animals only know how to eat and go to the bathroom.
Jill does about 90% of the work around here regarding house work. Trying to get her to quit her job so she can then cut the grass, trim the shrubs and do maintenance on the machinery. Only kidding! She wants to run the Cerakote operation so then both of us can work together on the Firearms and shooting. Only have so many years left and want to make the best of them!

Last edited:
If you didn't know your own age, how old would you be when you got up every day? That's all ya need to think about for a good day, pick an age and live like it.
For many years, my line was "Pick an age you like and stick with it".

My happy age was 20- not yet legal to drink but thats what made it fun!

That was all fine and dandy but here lately I have a harder time pretending.

Glad you're ok, Len, but like others have said- just to be safe you maybe should send some of that powder to those of us who could put it to good use AND keep you safe!

As most know that I had a spinal cord injury in my neck and it does affect me with balance, I'll put a few hours in the shop one day and then the next i take a break. We i decided to run electrical wires to the 3rd part of the operation and change some where the lathe, mill, Saw, and Drill Press if. I also had a 25' heavy duty 10 gauge wire. Spent more time on getting it to work properly that I could have driven to the store and bought ones, Got everything working properly and moved to the nest project,
We had bought some storage cabinets that are 2'X4'X6'. They have sliding door, which were off at this time. I put a Harbor Freight dolly under to move it around Temperly. Well we had 300+ pounds of powder in each cabinet. I was trying to relocate the powder cabinet when the wheels fell off the Harbor Freight dolly. Luck would have it that the open end was on the other side an "ME" on the side with backing. As the powder cabinet was collapsing all I could do was hold on and try to ease it down as easy as possible onto my body. Didn't want it to crash onto the concrete. When I arrived onto the concrete on my back and didn't hear any loud 💥 figured I was safe.
Now have to construct a better moving system. Fortunately the 570, R-26 Varget, Retembo, H-1000 were all in tact and no dents or opening.
However I am a little banged up and need to shoot a bunch of these powders. That will make me feel better.
Glad you are alright!

Weird things can happen in load rooms!
I had an incident where I was sliding a heavy rifle case on the top of my stackable shelving and didn't notice I bumped the wall shelving that obviously had too many boxes of bullets.
The bump knocked over about 20 or more boxes of heavy bullets which started a domino effect...which collapsed the wall shelf back towards the stackable shelves and dang near all the bullet boxes slid down onto the stackable powder shelves knocking powder kegs everywhere.
No harm done but... picking up a few thousand bullets that opened up and went into every crack where its near impossible to find is definitely a red hot chore!!🤬

As most know that I had a spinal cord injury in my neck and it does affect me with balance, I'll put a few hours in the shop one day and then the next i take a break. We i decided to run electrical wires to the 3rd part of the operation and change some where the lathe, mill, Saw, and Drill Press if. I also had a 25' heavy duty 10 gauge wire. Spent more time on getting it to work properly that I could have driven to the store and bought ones, Got everything working properly and moved to the nest project,
We had bought some storage cabinets that are 2'X4'X6'. They have sliding door, which were off at this time. I put a Harbor Freight dolly under to move it around Temperly. Well we had 300+ pounds of powder in each cabinet. I was trying to relocate the powder cabinet when the wheels fell off the Harbor Freight dolly. Luck would have it that the open end was on the other side an "ME" on the side with backing. As the powder cabinet was collapsing all I could do was hold on and try to ease it down as easy as possible onto my body. Didn't want it to crash onto the concrete. When I arrived onto the concrete on my back and didn't hear any loud 💥 figured I was safe.
Now have to construct a better moving system. Fortunately the 570, R-26 Varget, Retembo, H-1000 were all in tact and no dents or opening.
However I am a little banged up and need to shoot a bunch of these powders. That will make me feel better.
That kind of remine me of somebody stealing chain and trying to swim with it. Been better to partly if not completely unload the cabinets first to move them. Less damage that way. :) Glad you didn't get hurt really bad.

They make some good tools. I own there tig and mig welders and had them few years. The mig actually replaced my miller and its not as good as the miller. But dollar for dollar it wins. I just wouldn't buy a bottle jack from them if it meant my life.
I got a few of their welders too. They work. The Daytona floor jacks come from the same manufacturer as snap on. This can be outlined in snapons lawsuit against Harbor Freight.

I like some of the Icon tools like the split beam torque wrench. Made in Taiwan like all the other reasonably priced tools. Performs as good or better.

Physically I should not be doing a lot of things, but the costs$$$$ are way too high and the quality way too low with most of today's workforce.
The cost of not accepting how you are now is very high. I don't doubt for a minute things will improve for you as you recover. Until then myself, and many others I'm sure, hope you don't risk your health needlessly. In a couple years you'll be able to do many of the things that you enjoy IF you allow yourself to heal. God bless.
I've been through this with my wife.