Scary Incident

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
As most know that I had a spinal cord injury in my neck and it does affect me with balance, I'll put a few hours in the shop one day and then the next i take a break. We i decided to run electrical wires to the 3rd part of the operation and change some where the lathe, mill, Saw, and Drill Press if. I also had a 25' heavy duty 10 gauge wire. Spent more time on getting it to work properly that I could have driven to the store and bought ones, Got everything working properly and moved to the nest project,
We had bought some storage cabinets that are 2'X4'X6'. They have sliding door, which were off at this time. I put a Harbor Freight dolly under to move it around Temperly. Well we had 300+ pounds of powder in each cabinet. I was trying to relocate the powder cabinet when the wheels fell off the Harbor Freight dolly. Luck would have it that the open end was on the other side an "ME" on the side with backing. As the powder cabinet was collapsing all I could do was hold on and try to ease it down as easy as possible onto my body. Didn't want it to crash onto the concrete. When I arrived onto the concrete on my back and didn't hear any loud 💥 figured I was safe.
Now have to construct a better moving system. Fortunately the 570, R-26 Varget, Retembo, H-1000 were all in tact and no dents or opening.
However I am a little banged up and need to shoot a bunch of these powders. That will make me feel better.

Last edited:
Good thing the powder is ok LOL

Just kidding Len, glad you are ok.

Harbor Freight has some good stuff, buy some of the products they sell just don't cut it.

Some of those 4 wheel floor dollies can't put up with any weight, they dont make them with 2x4's anymore, the use a cheap thin wood.

Good ones are sometimes hard to find now, we use them at work and they woukd break very easily, so we made a couple of them using 2x4's and using the wheels of the broken ones, and they've hold up pretty well so far.

Stay safe and God bless

Luis

Many an adventure story, starts with a trip to the Harbor Freight. A guy will usually need to add a few of his own engineering tricks to maintain a suitable safety factor when using Harbor Freight items on a mission. German Spax wood bolts, from the Home Depot are a known Failsafe device, add a few wherever needed. Low hydrogen 7018 rods 3/32" have also been used, where the boys in China had left design deficiencies . Stay safe!

Last edited:
Their ICON line of wrench sets, not that bad. Great stuff for kids starting out with not a lot of money. They still get wrenches in the toolbox. A guy can get a 1/4 drive ratchet and sockets for almost nothing from them for a kid starting out, turning wrenches.

Last edited:
Good story Len......
tuffest part of gett n old is..... knowing what you want to do...... and knowing how to do it..... and not being able to do it as we once could....
we have worn our our bodies in our yute..... balance,stamina,strength and memory has weakened....
rite now I,m taking a break from changing oil in my tractor mower..... what used to take me 15 minutes now costs me an hour..... wears me out,****es me off i,m so slow....

Recent Posts