Savage ultralight 110

Went ahead and dipped it right off the bat. Hopefully its going to be a keeper 🙏

Attachments

• 20201212_153432.jpg
    20201212_153432.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 281
Looking into buying a new Savage ultralight 110 in 6.5cm. Anyone running one on here?here? few reviews on YouTube but not much that I can find on the accuracy. I would expect a blueprinted action with a proof barrel to be able to print 1/2-3/8moa groups fairly easy with a good load
Have a look here. https://www.shawcustombarrels.com
They have affordable custom built rifles that are based on, E.R. Shaw Barrels and Savage actions
I have ordered a MK X.
I think I saved money going this route.
By the time you figure all the extra little stuff you have to do to get one to really shoot.....IMO,
This is the ticket.

SC

I have one in 6.5 PRC that's the first gun I've ever had to shoot sub-quarter MOA...156 EOL's and H1000. My PRC weighs 6 lbs 7 oz, though...was kinda disappointed with that after the marketing hype.
Yea they fibbed on the weight. Mine weighs just over 6lb as well.

Did you do anything to the stock bedding or just mount and shoot?

I don't have an ultralite but I have a few savages in Tupperware stocks. I suggest bedding the recoil lug and shooting them. Mine have all shot exceptional with just doing that. All you'll do adding a different stock is add additional weight. I will be getting an ultralite in a PRC once I can find the brass. I typically buy reloading components of any cartridge I plan to shoot before I buy the barrel/gun.

The 28 nosler and 280 ai that I have loaded for where both accurate, however that was the slowest 280 ai I have ever seen. Tried powders from rl16 to h1000 and everything inbetween. 210s and 215 primers. Settled on 160 tmk going around 2850 FPS. My buddy loves his rifle but I couldn't justify that kinda speed from a 280 ai if it was mine.
1894C, did you happen to try RL 22 or RL 23 in the 280 AI? Maybe I have an exception but I'm getting just over 3K with RL23, 162 ELDX's, I think 60.5 gr with Fed GM215's and hornady brass, I have some peterson brass i am getting ready to work up for it now that season is coming to a close, the hornady brass is only getting 3 loads max before primer pockets go....

They have affordable custom built rifles that are based on, E.R. Shaw Barrels and Savage actions
I have ordered a MK X.
I think I saved money going this route.
By the time you figure all the extra little stuff you have to do to get one to really shoot.....IMO,
This is the ticket.
Well they look nice however 7.5-8.5lb's and don't have carbon proof barrel's so they really are apples to oranges to compare. Looks like maybe harder to swap barrels on and for me the proof carbon barrel is a big part of the deal. This thread is about the savage ultralight, and from what I'm seeing posted they shoot real well out of the box........

Well they look nice however 7.5-8.5lb's and don't have carbon proof barrel's so they really are apples to oranges to compare. Looks like maybe harder to swap barrels on and for me the proof carbon barrel is a big part of the deal. This thread is about the savage ultralight, and from what I'm seeing posted they shoot real well out of the box........
My Bad. I missed the part about the carbon bbl.

I have one in 6.5 PRC that's the first gun I've ever had to shoot sub-quarter MOA...156 EOL's and H1000. My PRC weighs 6 lbs 7 oz, though...was kinda disappointed with that after the marketing hype.
Ya I kinda wondered how they could make a 5.85 lb rifle. Even with the shorter proof barrel and a little lighter contour, that's real light. Are those weights with the magazine in empty ? Maybe they didn't include the magazine in their advertised weights.