Savage 110 tactical

You have to relieve the front of the aluminum rail ahead of the recoil lug and (slowly) grind the trued lug to the shape of the accustock lug.View attachment 98188
I figured that's how it needed to be done. I will likely just reuse the lug as I have another action in the safe that needs an upgraded lug and nut.
My 280 AI X-caliber barrel just got here so I will install it this weekend. I paid $300 with the chamber custom fit to a dummy round, threaded with a protector, SS and 24 inch. I got that price because it was the 10th barrel I had ordered and I ordered it with 4 other barrels.

Last edited:
FYI, the factory lugs bend on magnum level recoiling rifles!
20160807_164054.jpg

You have to relieve the front of the aluminum rail ahead of the recoil lug and (slowly) grind the trued lug to the shape of the accustock lug.View attachment 98188
If you're relieving the front of the lug recess why would you have to (or even want to) grind on a precision ground lug? That kind of defeats the purpose of the precision part of the thing.

Find someone with a mill to open up the recess +.005 - +.01 from the lug's dimension and be done with it.

You nailed it Cap, your prize is in the mail. lol
How about chunking, still much of that going on?

Yeah...still the number one producer of night time Yellowfin at the Spar rigs. I just wish we were close like LA. 100 nutical mile one way is a long boat ride!

Yeah...still the number one producer of night time Yellowfin at the Spar rigs. I just wish we were close like LA. 100 nutical mile one way is a long boat ride!
I'll clue you in on something Cap, you could be over and back from the Bahamas with half that much running.
Lots of people in smaller boats run over there, register, and still fish the same afternoon and evening. Camp on the boat, then fish the next day till noon or so, and troll back on the same fuel they left home with.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.