Savage Identification/trigger ident Help

ricka0

Got my first gun back from Kirby today - 1:12 twist 30" heavy Lilja barrel, 300 RUM Savage, Holland QD brake - my scales (which are fish scales) show the trigger now at 2.5 lbs (probably 2.25 as that's what Kirby measured) - new syn spider stock - Drilling-Tapping 8-40 scope base screw holes

But I need a scope base. I bought the gun slightly used - the sealed owners manual says it's model 110 (unless it's a bolt action shotgun, varminter or hand gun). THe receipt says 111FXP4

Looking for scope bases - Savage 110/111/112/116 L/A RH Interlock One-Piece Base - states:
Will not fit Accu-Trigger™ rifles
How can I tell if I have an in-accurate trigger or a Accu-trigger?

I'm having a bunch of custom bases made (35 MOA, etc) but I want to get shooting ASAP.

I have the same problem and made a similar mistake. Look at the rear bridge of the action. If its round and you have a standard trigger then I think the "new" action style will fit.

If yours has a flat bridge then go with the 'old' style.

In fact, I bought an 'old' style Farrel 20MOA base. I actually need the round or accutrigger style. If you have a flat bridge ation, I can sell it to you for what I paid. Brand new with hardware.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.