Remington Trigger Help Please....

sakofan

Took my trigger out to bed my Remington VSLH action.
All went well, except I can't figure out how the bolt stop spring goes back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm having a major brain seizure here!!

Anybody got a pic they could post of a Remington trigger assembly, and where and how the bolt stop spring goes back on.

Thanks to all......Yeah, I feel stupid, but I'm used to that.....sakofan.....

Scroll down midway and theres a good photo of how the spring should look. Its a Tanaka airsoft model but the trigger and the bolt stop spring are identically placed so its the same set-up.
The long side of the spring faces forward, the short doglegged end goes into the slot where the trigger slides into.
Best way to do it is to place a drift pin/punch of same diameter through the bolt stop metal and the bolt stop spring, then insert the pin from the opposite side.
Or place the drift pin/punch through the opposite side and put the pin through the bolt stop metal and action.
Either way you can end up with the same results. BE careful when inserting the pin and make sure the spring is not bent or destroyed in the process. The safety may present a problem with installing the pin from that side just watch out and be careful.
Trigger

The picture is missing only a small part - the lip of the spring sits on top of the bolt release (same as how the other end of the spring touches the action). To put the spring in, put the bolt release in place, insert the pin tapered end first, lay the spring on top and push the coil part down, then push the pin through it. There is not a lot of tension on it.

Hope this helps!

Alan

I appreciate all your help, but I'm just not getting this!
I'll take it to a guy I know tomorrow, I guess. It's not going on..sakofan....

Exactly what part are you having trouble with? Look at this picture and maybe use that to help describe what you mean

308rearscrew.JPG

but don't get confused by that mirror immage , its a left handed action in the pic.

put trigger back in with the front pin in first, don't forget to put the sear, and sear spring in too. push the trigger up to the action at the rear , pivoting the trigger around the sear axis pin. from inside the action take up the tension on the sear and sear spring by pushing it downwards, now place a drift (a small nail will do, ) through the rear hole(entering from the opposite side to where the rifles safety lever is, and while yourat it put the safety to fire) to hold the trigger captive and the sear, under the tension of the sear spring down.dont push the drifor nail all the way through, you still need to get the bolt stop and spring in place. place the bolt stop in the machines slot in the action, you can then put the spring bolt stop in place, long arm of spring rides on to the forward part of the bolt stop, rear arm slots into the action at the rear of the trigger, ensure the bolt stop actuating lever is possitiones in the correct cut out at the rear end of the bolt stop. you can wriggle the drift or nail about and get the bolt stop and spring sat about in place on it. take the rear pin and insert it from the side of the action that has the rifles safety, you should haveto tap it home with a small hammer (or tapometer as wecall em). wrigle the drif or nail about to get the spring, bolt stop and indeed the whole trigger inline for the pin. gently tap the pin into place using a drift with the hammer for the final placement, leave the end or head of the pin slightly proud of the bolt stop side. Finito.
Pete

Thanks guys!! All is well.
That pic you showed gonehuntingagain really helped me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That spring had me buffalo'd!!

Appreciate all the help...sakofan....

in the future for reference try taking pictures or draw it the way it looks. It boggles my mind that someone would tear apart something of such importance only to not know how to put it back together.
Take pictures next time.

[ QUOTE ]
in the future for reference try taking pictures or draw it the way it looks. It boggles my mind that someone would tear apart something of such importance only to not know how to put it back together.
Take pictures next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to "boggle your mind". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Thanks for the help earlier and the idea to take a picture.
Hope I didn't put you out too much, Sir.

It was one of those "I ought to already know how this goes back together" deals.
I have adjusted my trigger and seen the assembly several times. I should have taken better note of how the assembly goes together, but got in a big huff to get the bedding done. OK?....sakofan..

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.